The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Christmas is Coming (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
I'm organizing my elves to help Santa in the magic department by making magic tricks and especially "magic kits" for kids who have shown an aptitude for magic. I don't suggest these to "get someone interested" but only for those who have already demonstrated an interest and who have begun giving little performances for family and friends.

Do you remember YOUR first magic kit? Now that you're all grown up and have some experience in magic or wizardry, what would YOU want to find in your first magic kit if you were just a kid starting out all over again? We'll stick to tricks you can make yourself in your home workshops, if you don't mind.

I think I would want a set of Chinese Sticks, a home-made set of Jumping Gems, a mesh egg bag, Jim Gerrish's "What's Up?", a nice magic wand and maybe a Sefalaljia crate with ropes, rings,and props from Wizards' Journal #10. I could pack everything into the crate and that, plus a simple black art one well table, would be my "magic kit."

Jim Gerrish liked my idea and began marking the tricks in his "Hardboard and Duct Tape" books as to which ones could be good starter tricks for his beginner Wiz Kids. He also came up with the idea of just cutting out the pieces and giving them some rolls of duct tape, sandpaper, paint and help in finishing the tricks themselves, for those who show an aptitude for woodshop creations.

If anyone here in the Café Workshop has done this in the past, or would like to think about doing it for the present or future, I'd like to hear your ideas about what you would include in your home made magic kits.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Christmas is Coming (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL