The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » The Prestige (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of gdw
I did love the dilema that "not knowing" presented.

The commitment of going through with it, assuming that you are only onoe or the other, and not knowing which and if it is you who dies, or the double.

However, in the book it is sleightly different how they deal with this dilema.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2006-11-16 13:36, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
To start, he was a noble, gentry. There would be LOTS of consequences if a double decided to go off on his own.

As to which is which... not really the case. As put by Tesla, "they are all your hat".

What made the killings conscionable was the belief that drowning was a pleasant experience.

IMHO the notion of "not knowing which" was self deception UNLIKE the question of the knot. There would always be BOTH in the former and obviously the latter was not willing to tell as he was both guilty and ashamed of the event.

What I liked about the knot is that he actually did not need to be lying, just depending if he was the one who tied it or not, and depending on whether or not the one who did tie it told the one who did not, exactly what he did.

Kinda like the "today you mean it" thing.

Saw it again last night, and I loved how Bale actually played the two as slieghtly different characters, and you could actually tell when which of the two was being Boren at which time.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27140 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
I believe the "today you mean it" was set up to parallel (and explain) the "i don't know" issue between the guys and set up the "which one is it that goes" issue in the last act. Smile
...to all the coins I've dropped here
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » The Prestige (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL