The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » The best magic buskers (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Agree with a few posts above about Andrew Elliot-Neat guy & funny show!!

But having seen Andrew in the same festivals with Nick Nickolas

The absolute King in this part of the world for skill & comedy that I have seen many hundreds of people at his pitch roaring & screaming at festivals with laughter for the full 45 min show & definetly on the same plain as Gazzo is

Nick Nickolas-absolute world class performer!!
Catch his act if you can
marty.sasaki
View Profile
Inner circle
1117 Posts

Profile of marty.sasaki
I've only seen a few actual buskers/magicians but remember seeing a few jugglers pull in huge hats in Harvard Square. I haven't seen him on the street, but I was really impressed with Eric Evans and his thinking when I saw him doing a lecture.
Marty Sasaki
Arlington, Massachusetts, USA

Standard disclaimer: I'm just a hobbyist who enjoys occasionally mystifying friends and family, so my opinions should be viewed with this in mind.
SeaDawg
View Profile
Special user
The Lunatic Fringe
718 Posts

Profile of SeaDawg
It is great to see that others besides myself recognize the skill and genius of Andrew Elliot. Who is the best... don't know for sure but there are a lot of great guys...
Crazy people take the psycho-path thru the forest...
andolini
View Profile
New user
norwood,ma
74 Posts

Profile of andolini
Jimmy regarding charlie caper. Do you know if charlie has put anything on the market? Lecture notes etc. Watched his performance on you tube also. You can tell when you watch these videos in the first 30 seconds or so who the pros are. What are some of his other routines? Never saw him live. Does he do the egg bag? Wish more guys like him would put some material out. you can learn a lot just watching his routine on you tube. He should receive some monetary gain just for having it posted on you tube.
Arkadia
View Profile
Special user
Sweden, Sundsvall
866 Posts

Profile of Arkadia
Nope, Charlie has nothing out. And I strongly belive that his routine is his routine. He is the most honest guy out there - so do not steal from him! But DO check him out. The best hat load in the world!

(Not that I meant that you, Andolini would steel from him.)

/Ark
Don't miss out on the great new mentalist magic: www.metalwriting.com
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
Just met Charlie yesterday at a Busker Festival... not only the best cups and ball I have ever seen (He got me with the final loads even though I knew they were coming!) but also has some great theories on performing surrounded and perfecting sleight of hand technique. We have a wonderful little chat, a real gentleman and honest guy. And he really knows how to handle the crowd!
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
Pauldela
View Profile
Special user
U.K
882 Posts

Profile of Pauldela
Gazzos pretty oldschool, not that I like him much.
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
Mal Cross

"MT is one of the reasons we started this board! I’m so sick of posts being deleted without any reason given, and by unknown people at that." - Steve Brooks Sep 7, 2001 8:38pm
©1999-2014 Daniel Denney all rights reserved.
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
ME!

Jimmy, you never talk about me anymore...at least publicly...are you still mad at me bro?

koz
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Quote:
On 2008-06-13 10:04, Danny Hustle wrote:
Mal Cross

YES! Mal Cross.
ray raymond
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of ray raymond
I vote for koz hands down the man. they say the bigger the hat the bigger the ego. Koz does not wear a hat cause they don't make one big enough. All around good guy, good teacher, performer comedy man, and entertainer.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Chris Capehart and Kozmo.
slater
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of slater
Well don't get a chance to see many live magic street guy's down here in Oz... But have seen on video etc quite a few and after seeing and working with Nick Nickolas (yes his father had a stutter) it would take a *** good worker to be better. And a great guy to boot...

Cheers,
Alan
gman
View Profile
Special user
Lancaster, pa
751 Posts

Profile of gman
Sunny Holiday, Gazzo, Kozmo, Jimmy get my votes for the best out there.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
manal
View Profile
Inner circle
York ,PA.
1412 Posts

Profile of manal
Quote:
On 2009-05-04 02:22, Pete Biro wrote:
Charlie Caper... WOW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTsH-DoNJd0&feature=related

His crowds are huge!
Life is too important to take seriously.

james@jamesmanalli.com

www.jamesmanalli.com
NurseRob
View Profile
Elite user
Dallas, TX
469 Posts

Profile of NurseRob
Wowee Kazowie Caper is fantastic! words are unecessary, his magic is so strong. check out his Sweden's got talent appearance:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVd8B2aRAuk
Ut imago est animi voltus sic indices oculi ~
The face is a picture of the mind as the eyes are its interpreter ~Cicero
NurseRob
View Profile
Elite user
Dallas, TX
469 Posts

Profile of NurseRob
I love Cellini's magic, so He get's my official vote..I've never met him, but through his "Royal Touch" which I am continually rereading, his DVDs, and the wake of great offerings of those who studied under him. But when you study the source (although virtual), you find a unique man of great confidence, and serenity, which inspires the learner to discover his own magical voice. It's no wonder his students revere him.
Ut imago est animi voltus sic indices oculi ~
The face is a picture of the mind as the eyes are its interpreter ~Cicero
charliecaper
View Profile
New user
On the road
9 Posts

Profile of charliecaper
Jim Cellini is a master and an amazing man. One thing that always strikes me when I hear stories about him is how he helped people who really needed it and always stood up for the little guy. I have huge respect and love. He is the legend.

Gazzo is obviously a genius. And he is not always an insult comedian, magicians believe this because when he works for magicians he hams it up. He knows how to adapt to an audience, and I saw him do a super sweet and really magical show in Edinburgh the other year (which ran 15 min into my timeslot by the way. He apologized for running over afterwards, and I could only say it was the best use for my 15 min I've ever seen).

Nick Nickolas is also amazing. Extremely funny. He's a good friend, and a real gentleman. The first time I went to Australia, I flew in from Japan, and when I landed I went straight to the Melbourne pitch. The first thing Nick said was -"Great to see you here Charlie. You wanna do 10 min as a warmup for a comedy TV show tonight?". Two weeks later I was on Oz TV thanks to that. I never tire of watching his show.

Peter Wardell. Helped me so much when I was starting out in Covent Garden. I owe much of my performing skills to Pete, and he is definitely one of the strongest magic shows out there. I've seen so much funny, random stuff happen in Pete's show, he must have some way of creating strange incidents.

Kenny Lightfoot. A very original and sweet show. Well defined character. Funny, original jokes. Very smart man.
The Great Zoobini
View Profile
Elite user
Boulder, Colorado
443 Posts

Profile of The Great Zoobini
Smile
Meet you in Busker Alley Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » The best magic buskers (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL