The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » The best children's magicians? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
DaiBato
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of DaiBato
Who are the best children's magicians (adult magicians performing for children), in your opinion?

Dai Bato
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17669 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Criss Angel!!!!!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2447 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
Me. I took a vote.
DeWayne
View Profile
Veteran user
Greencastle, PA
361 Posts

Profile of DeWayne
I asked the kids in my area and they said Ross MacRae too. Must be true?

DeWayne
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2747 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
I vote for Criss too. Nothing like slicing open your arm revealing a coin to get those little monsters to listen!

And since I have multiple personalities...
I also vote for Ross. Goodmagic says it all!
Sam Pearce
View Profile
Veteran user
Ontario, Canada
310 Posts

Profile of Sam Pearce
Another vote for Criss... and Ross MacRae

What about, Silly Billy, David Ginn, and others along the lines of them.
Of course everywhere there are under exposed magicians that I'm sure are great!

Sam Pearce
Smoke & Mirrors
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Profile of Smoke & Mirrors
Quote:
Who are the best children's magicians...

The one's who don't come onto the Café to stroke their egos or start fights. Likely because they are so busy performing!

:)
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1490 Posts

Profile of Marvello
In no particular order - here are a few: Ken Scott, Sammy Smith, David Kaye, Bruce Bray, Jozo Bozo, David Ginn, Mike Bent, Barry Mitchell, Trevor Lewis (I know I left off quite a few - these are just the first ones that came to mind).
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
Brad Lancaster
View Profile
Regular user
184 Posts

Profile of Brad Lancaster
Another vote for Ross. He rocks!
Bill Hoffman
View Profile
Loyal user
297 Posts

Profile of Bill Hoffman
I vote for mike brown aka mr. lucky
MagicBH@Gmail.com
<BR>http://billhoffmanmagic.com
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1628 Posts

Profile of Futureal
Everyone who has been seriously listed here have products available to the magic fraternity.

Coincidence?

We just know about these guys because we buy stuff from them, I doubt any of them would seriously be the best kids entertainers out there. The best kids entertainers we've most likely never heard of.
John Bowlin
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
827 Posts

Profile of John Bowlin
The Great Zuchini
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
Is the Great Zuchini still around and where? I've not seen him in about ten years or so and that was in Monterey California.
Steve V
Gerry Walkowski
View Profile
Inner circle
1434 Posts

Profile of Gerry Walkowski
I believe there are still some great children's entertainers lurking out there who purposely choose - for one reason or another - to remain under the radar screen because they're making a living doing what others are not doing.

The reason they don't want others to know about them and "what they do" is because they have very unique acts and they don't want others to copy their shows or performing style.

Just my opinion.

Gerry
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1490 Posts

Profile of Marvello
Quote:
On 2006-10-18 02:13, Futureal wrote:
The best kids entertainers we've most likely never heard of.
... and the best guitarist in the world may be your auto mechanic. Of course the ones we know about are the ones actually DOING IT - that is a given!
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
trixy
View Profile
Veteran user
sweden
320 Posts

Profile of trixy
Me trixy
kimmo
View Profile
Inner circle
Sheffield
1193 Posts

Profile of kimmo
For me it would be David Ginn, Terry Herbert and the late Edwin Hooper. I would agree though that there must be thousands of brilliant kids performers out there who are just not well known to the magical fraternity.

On an interesting note, I recently received a totally unsolicited email from a client regarding a bad magician she recently saw at a children's party:

'HI THERE , HAD THE MISFORTUNE TO ACCOMPANY JAKE TO A PARTY LAST WEEK . THERE WAS AN ALLEGED MAGICIAN PERFORMING , ALTHOUGH HE WAS BETTER AT LOSING KIDS ATTENTION THAN HE WAS AT PERFORMING ANY TRICKS! AT LEAST HE ONLY LOST THE KIDS ATTENTION , I LOST THE WILL TO LIVE ! - AT THE END I WENT THROUGH HIS POCKETS TO TRY AND FIND THE LAST HOUR OF MY LIFE .
EVERYTHING TOOK SO LONG , TRICKS EITHER WEREN'T SET UP OR HE COULDN'T FIND ALL THE BITS HE NEEDED .AND WHEN HE GOT GOING HE MADE EVERYTHING LAST SOOOOO LONG . BY THE TIME HE FINISHED HALF OF THE KIDS HAD GOT UP AND WERE RUNNING AROUND !
WHY DO PEOPLE THINK IF THEY WEAR RED SHOES , RED SUIT AND A SHIRT MADE FROM OLD DECK CHAIRS THAT THEY WILL BE FUNNY . THEY JUST LOOK TERMINALLY WIERD .'SUPOSE IT MIGHT DISTRACT FROM THE POOR SHOW , ALTHOUGH I REALLY DON'T THINK THIS GUY WAS BRIGHT ENOUGH TO THINK OF THAT .'

I have since found out that the guy in question is a well known chidren's entertainer who is well respected in the magical fraternity and has lectured at magic conventions all over the U.K.

Just goes to show that we all have off days!!
VISIT MY ONLINE STORE!: www.kimmomagicshop.com
NEW LECTURE NOTES - SHOW US YOUR TRIX NOW AVAILABLE AS AN INSTANT DIGITAL DOWNLOAD!

Kimmo DVD available Now!
Watch the promo here!
Order your copy NOW! CLICK HERE!

ENTERTAINER,MAGICIAN AND VENTRILOQUIST'S BLOG - DON'T READ THIS...
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
What constitues "Best Children Entertainer" There are numerous styles and personaities that match venues.

For Daycare and Pre-schoolers, Sammy Smith and Dave Risley are tops in their field, however, there are unknowns, like local magicain Tom McDonald who is excellent. Jozo Bozo does a good job at this also, but he has a different style. Mark Daniel does well also, but many haven't seen his performance.

For Birthday Parties: You have Trixie Bond out of Texas, and Ken Scott.

For Libraries: You have Mark Daniel, Ken Scott, Steve Taylor, and Barry Mitchell all do excellent jobs in this area.

For School Shows: You have Marty and Brenda Hauhne, Bruce Amato, Steve Taylor, Barry Mitchell, Just to name a few that I enjoy watching.

For Family Shows: You have Barry Mitchell, Duane Laflin, Marty and Brenda Hahne.

For Gospel Shows: You Have Steve Taylor, Barry Mitchell, Tim Sonefelt, Steve Varro, Nathan J. Roberts, and Duane Laflin.

These are individuals I saw perform and love what they do. They are also are members of KIDabra International, (Most are Staff members.) a place where many professional children magicians attend.

There are more, however, these individuals have examples of their work for others to see and make their own conclusions.

Without a doubt, there are thousands of unknown great children entertainers. Many are on the Café and their writings give you a hint on what are like.

Also Culture makes a difference. I like Silly Billy's wild and crazy style, however, not everyone would agree with that assessment.

A better question would be:
What does it take to make a great children entertainer?
Dennis Michael
kimmo
View Profile
Inner circle
Sheffield
1193 Posts

Profile of kimmo
One name jumped out at me from your list Dennis - Bruce Amato. We worked together briefly at Supreme Magic a long time ago. Nice guy with some really good ideas. Do you or does anyone have an email address for him?
VISIT MY ONLINE STORE!: www.kimmomagicshop.com
NEW LECTURE NOTES - SHOW US YOUR TRIX NOW AVAILABLE AS AN INSTANT DIGITAL DOWNLOAD!

Kimmo DVD available Now!
Watch the promo here!
Order your copy NOW! CLICK HERE!

ENTERTAINER,MAGICIAN AND VENTRILOQUIST'S BLOG - DON'T READ THIS...
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
That is an easy one I think it is Ross Macrae, because he looks so darn cute in those tie died stretch pants.
MY OPINION
Al Angello
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » The best children's magicians? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL