The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Spider Web Table (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

John Martin
View Profile
Special user
994 Posts

Profile of John Martin
Hey Everyone,

With Halloween approaching, I thought I'd post a fee pictures of my new Halloween show table I completed a few weeks ago. Hope this sparks other creative ideas for you.

http://www.incredibleillusion.com/spidertable.htm

Happy Halloween,

John
Sam Pearce
View Profile
Veteran user
Ontario, Canada
308 Posts

Profile of Sam Pearce
Its a nice twist on the old night club table, I like it!

Sam Pearce
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11157 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Very nice!
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Great idea! Does the spider crawl around on the web? I just got the idea of the spider crawling up and over to the side, then you "scoop it off" in a silk and bring it out so kids can "pet it" etc, but it suddenly vanishes from the silk and is found back on the web scurrying about. Anyway, it opens up lots of new ideas for combining a magic table with table magic. Good work!
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
magicmarkdaniel
View Profile
Special user
Bolton, England UK
831 Posts

Profile of magicmarkdaniel
John

Looks excellent! I like Spellbinder's idea of the moving spider. Would be great if you can incorporate it somehow.

Mark
Mark Daniel
John Martin
View Profile
Special user
994 Posts

Profile of John Martin
Great idea with the spider. I had bought a spooky candlelabra with flickering (electric bulbs) candles. I thought I would install a black elastic from side to side midway back behind the web and hang the candlelabbra from it. I think it might make a cool floating effect.

Actually as I was typing this and thinking about the spider, I'm wondering if maybe some kind of Zombie effect might be possible. Walk over to the table with the cloth, cover the spider and walk away with the spider under the cloth and do a floating spider..........um......thanks Speellbinder.....off to the workshop.

John
jsilk7
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of jsilk7
Good luck with it
TannerJade
View Profile
Veteran user
Canada
307 Posts

Profile of TannerJade
Great looking table...

Also, just in general, how big is about a 'good' size to be for the TOP of the table?

Thanks!
John Martin
View Profile
Special user
994 Posts

Profile of John Martin
Hey Tanner,

The table top is roughly 24in X 12in. It could be whatever size you want though. I find there's plenty of room on this one.

John
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Spider Web Table (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL