The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Ressources concerning "bizarre" mentaliSm (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
SamOne
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of SamOne
I am looking for any ressources concerning bizarre tricks in mentalism Smile
like this one for exemple : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KldRmpIDv10
any Book in mind guys ?
Lamberto
View Profile
New user
The Netherlands
99 Posts

Profile of Lamberto
I've not seen this one before. I can imagine how people would react to this!! Same qestion as SamOne. Any resource?
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
Well you could write the stuff yourself.

J ack
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13139 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
J ack/Jim is absolutely correct.

The greatest source is your imagination.

Tony
John Nesbit
View Profile
Inner circle
United States
1418 Posts

Profile of John Nesbit
I agree wholeheartedly with Jim and Tony.
But has that effect Derren Brown performed on the video clip above been discussed anywhere around yet ? I liked it.

Bizarre resources ? Do a search on the Café here. This gets talked about all the time.

Magick, The Complete Invocation, Mind Myth and Magic, Seance the Magazine, The Jinx, Practical Mental Effects, Syzygy, Tony Shiels, the list can go on.
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
You know many miss the fact that a lot of the stuff in the Jinx is pretty Bizarre or real close to it.

I am still shocked that the performance side of these effects have had so little impact.

So many just go for the trick side and miss the bits that can make it real.

J ack
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
SamOne
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of SamOne
All those magazine ..are almsot impossible to find in europe Smile
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6439 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
I had the feeling that the really bizarre stuff was about to be revealed in the kitchen just before we cut away to commercial... like the body parts of the dead were going to float up to the top of the soup, for example. But maybe that's just me.
Search for "Living and Dead Tests" with attention to Percy Abbott, Al Mann, and Al Baker.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10586 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
All of mentalism is bizarre magick (if performed well) - think about it Smile
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
optimystik
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of optimystik
The funny thing is that in a bold, wink and nod to fellow magicians...Derren actually references his source near the end of his patter on this video clip.

The lay person would never pick it up ... but the astute magician can clearly understand where he got the idea for this effect and how it is done because he pretty much names and reveals it outright. You have to smile at the balls of this revelation when you get it.

I won't say anymore but I am sure someone else will because as you know... we magicians are actually the worst at keeping secrets.

Stephen
SamOne
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of SamOne
Quote:
Well you could write the stuff yourself.

well it's not about numerology out there Smile so I cant' start invent stuff by myself:)
By the way am not asking for the effect I said I am looking for infos about books that deal with that kind of mentalism ...
oh and by the way before being a good writer ...you have to become first a big reader Smile

PeaCe
Prof. Pabodie
View Profile
Veteran user
318 Posts

Profile of Prof. Pabodie
Or, as Docc Hilford points out, ALL of magic is bizarre, when you think about it. Causing coins to penetrate a tabletop is pretty darn bizarre, isn't it? It all goes back to presentation, I suppose.
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1777 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
Optimystik that was quick of you to pick that up, I recognized the effect immediately but missed the wink & the nod which was quite humorous.
John Nesbit
View Profile
Inner circle
United States
1418 Posts

Profile of John Nesbit
As soon as the cards were separated and then turned over, it looked familiar. Still, the way it was presented in that video disguised the effect very well.
optimystik
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of optimystik
Quote:
On 2006-10-21 19:23, johnjnesbit wrote:
As soon as the cards were separated and then turned over, it looked familiar. Still, the way it was presented in that video disguised the effect very well.

Hell yes, John...I think an awesome presentation....giving an already eerie and minblowing effect a wonderful, spooky new dress.

Stephen
magikcid
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of magikcid
Hey optimystik, when he said that I just cracked up. Wow, it reminds me of when my lawyer friends get together and do law jokes.
magus
View Profile
Special user
Huntington Beach, Ca
668 Posts

Profile of magus
Perhaps I'm missing something, but the effect he references is different than the one he performs.
There is just one "Line" of cards in each row, and the method for the referenced effect requires two lines in each row.I have an idea of what he MIGHT be doing, but it is not the Paul ****** effect he mentions. If that effect could be performed as Derren does it, it would have been mentioned in magical literature as a huge breakthrough in technique.
He must be taking a completely different path.
Pat
crappy deium-

what a lousy day to be seized

thaumometer-

a device for measuring a magical field
John Nesbit
View Profile
Inner circle
United States
1418 Posts

Profile of John Nesbit
These were my thoughts as well Pat. I was PM'ed a few days ago and explained that it was the effect that he mentioned at the end. But I also felt that it wasn't either.
SamOne
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of SamOne
The closer effect to this one is " from hell" from the lebanonmagiccircle.
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3778 Posts

Profile of The Curator
You'll like the chapter Omnia Mutantur... in Hauntiques.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Ressources concerning "bizarre" mentaliSm (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL