The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Windshear + daylight? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Chris Stolz
View Profile
Inner circle
Mississauga, Ontario
1958 Posts

Profile of Chris Stolz
Here is a much better performance in IMHO.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U4h5-ygU6Oc&a......;search=
Johnny_Dee
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of Johnny_Dee
Hum...not really on the subject, but I looked at the first performer and... not very good. Specially his presentation at first when he presented the illusion as ''Windshear''. It is like if Copperfield would say ''here's my version of interlude'' or ''here's my new ashra levitation''. C'mon, little bit of originality here, specially when you present an illusion such as this one.

Sorry for this little thought, lets get back to the main subject now...

Johnny
MagicMichealMan
View Profile
Veteran user
Vancouver Island, British Columbia
349 Posts

Profile of MagicMichealMan
Does anyone know the auctual cost of windshear?

magic mike
Scott Alexander
View Profile
V.I.P.
1471 Posts

Profile of Scott Alexander
About $11,000 with nice cases I think.

If I had to guess, I would say that there are fewer than 100 of these built by BSMV on the planet.

If I had to do it outside, I would just make sure it wasn't backlit to heavily by the sun.
-Scott

Visit my PRO MAGIC SHOP

www.scottalexander.bigcartel.com

Website

www.scottalexandermagic.com
TaylorReed
View Profile
Special user
Branson, MO
743 Posts

Profile of TaylorReed
I've seen two girl magicians perform this Illusion on you- tube.
Different acts... Can't remember the names though.
Yes I got rid of mine. Very heavy and a big case and pretty hard to move around fast..... I have a lot of big and heavy props, but this one was really big in the box truck and pretty hard to strap down. You can also get pretty bruised up performing daily. I performed it 300 times in one year and then decided to move on to something new. I do love the effect and the way it's built though. Jim is my favorite inventor and Bill Smith is a great builder.

Each magician has to decide what works best with their style.
I think this Illusion would work best for someone with a house gig for a yr or so to keep from having to do the moving of the heavy prop.... It's made of heavy gauged aluminum.
Thank you,
Taylor
www.taylorreed.com
www.usedmagicillusions.com
taylor@taylorreed.com
(979)482-0714
See: The Magic and Comedy of Taylor Reed, Live in Branson, Mo
Chezaday
View Profile
Inner circle
Naperville, IL
1673 Posts

Profile of Chezaday
Aluminum .. I wish, it's made of steel. That's why it's got some weight to it. I still think it's one of the most visual illusions out there.

Steve
TaylorReed
View Profile
Special user
Branson, MO
743 Posts

Profile of TaylorReed
Chezaday, A lot of this prop is made of Aluminum. the round curve, the edging all around the table and the table base sides and bottom. I think the only thing that I can remember that was metal may have been the legs... and the blade for sure. 8" inch aluminum for most of the stuff and then the round ring frame around the fan blade may have been Quarter inch thick....Aluminum...
Take a magnet to the different pieces and you will see that this Illusion has a lot more aluminum than you would have thought.....

PS' I rebuilt mine so I had to cut many pieces off etc. So I konw that many parts were made of Aluminum... Unless you got like a proto type before they used aluminum.... Even the Graded metal in the back of the box is Aluminum.

Taylor
www.taylorreed.com
www.usedmagicillusions.com
taylor@taylorreed.com
(979)482-0714
See: The Magic and Comedy of Taylor Reed, Live in Branson, Mo
andyleeroy
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of andyleeroy
And when the rights are givent to an european builder the product is only ****!
see the instant babe you can purchse with `rights` from beltempo in germany...
he is not professional, he is not honest and nothing, sorry....
Chezaday
View Profile
Inner circle
Naperville, IL
1673 Posts

Profile of Chezaday
You're right Taylor, I know the legs were steel .. and they're heavy. Of course I didn't deconstruct the prop .. but, I guess overall it's more aluminum than steel.

You got me ..

Steve
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Windshear + daylight? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL