The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Cool Music for Bizarre Performances (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Utkarsh Sinha
View Profile
Regular user
Goa, India
137 Posts

Profile of Utkarsh Sinha
The music that plays in the background in computer games are good. Quake, Max Payne, Doom.

Quake and Doom (especially Quake 3 and 4 and Doom 3) have a bizzarish theme. So the music brings out the bizarre. Max Payne has a few tracks that might be good for you. You could even use the sounds from them: the cries, moans, machinery, weapons, etc.
Want jaadu?!

"Reality is a mere illusion, although a very persistent one" - Albert Einstein

http://liquidmetal.in
Metone
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of Metone
My vote goes to any type 0 negative cd's. Some really interesting stuff.
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Might give a listen to the sound track from the re-make of 'Cat People'. The one with the david Bowie song on it. I think it was Georgio Moroder. Interesting rolling rythms and cues.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1726 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
I love that soundtrack...
Just resaw the movie last year...It wasn't as good as remembered it, even with Malcolm MacDowell.
We used some of the music from it in a production of Midsummer Nights Dream in college. Very unusual stuff...
Gwyd
TEB3
View Profile
Veteran user
Texas
362 Posts

Profile of TEB3
Modestly may I suggest Seance Suite.

http://www.jewelpro.com/boo/stuff.html

TEB3
W468
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of W468
You could try Aphex Twin's Selected Ambient Works Vol 2, some very haunting and disturbing tracks on there.
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Yeah Gwyd...didn't care for the movie all that much either. I also used the music for a mystical piece I produced and narrated for a marial arts tournament at Caesars in Tahoe. Just something about it. Thre are a couple of parts of Blade Runner's track that hit me the same way.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
braddevant
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of braddevant
I am so pleased with this discussion, ten years ago magicians never would have discussed copyrights or cared that they were using someones work without permission. Is it really posible we are finally evolving. Great God there is hope.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Cool Music for Bizarre Performances (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL