The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Applause warm-up (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Fabio P
View Profile
Special user
Rome - ITALY
540 Posts

Profile of Fabio P
Well, my clapometer doesn't arrive ( toc toc Hank where are you???) Atell off the meter seems very cool and it is worth its price but it is espensive ( with shipping fees it is more than $200)so....any suggestion for a strong warmup applause-type?

Thanks/Fabio
ROBERT BLAKE
View Profile
Inner circle
1472 Posts

Profile of ROBERT BLAKE
Why not do the newspaper restoration. the one where you have allready the pieces.

make up pieces with big letters. these letters formed together your magic spell. wibbly wobbly (terry herbert)- you can ask them what letters they are then make the word - then do the magic spell all together. the pieces transforms to a big piece with the magic spell written on it.

you can do the same with colors and then do the blendo silk trick.

hope this helps,
just my 2 pieces of dutch cheese.
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
Wow Robert. You should have just wrote him a check! Smile That is a great idea!

Best,

Dan-

"MT is one of the reasons we started this board! I’m so sick of posts being deleted without any reason given, and by unknown people at that." - Steve Brooks Sep 7, 2001 8:38pm
©1999-2014 Daniel Denney all rights reserved.
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Steve Talyor has an applause routine that uses a wilting flower. Works similar to the Meter Routine, not as funny or as powerful, but it works and I've used it for years.

The flower loves applause, who can applause louder, boy or girls, you get the idea. Most of the routine was converted to the meter, and on Axtell's website, so the transition was really easy for me.

$200 is not a lot of money for a powerful effect that works every time. It's the price of one birthday party show.(Or close to that price dependent on where you live and what you charge.)

Dennis
Dennis Michael
SeaDawg
View Profile
Special user
The Lunatic Fringe
718 Posts

Profile of SeaDawg
Or you could do the "Baggy" trick and turn it into an applause Meter....

Last time I checked a lifetime supply of baggies for this would run less than $5.00
Crazy people take the psycho-path thru the forest...
ROBERT BLAKE
View Profile
Inner circle
1472 Posts

Profile of ROBERT BLAKE
Thanks Danny, feel free to use it.
Fabio P
View Profile
Special user
Rome - ITALY
540 Posts

Profile of Fabio P
Thanks a lot for your help.
Please forgive my ignorance but what is the baggy trick??
SeaDawg
View Profile
Special user
The Lunatic Fringe
718 Posts

Profile of SeaDawg
It is an effect that uses a single seal ziploc bag or "Baggie". This can be turned into an impromtu applause meter...
Fabio P
View Profile
Special user
Rome - ITALY
540 Posts

Profile of Fabio P
Cannot find it. Any link?
SeaDawg
View Profile
Special user
The Lunatic Fringe
718 Posts

Profile of SeaDawg
The piece is actually on Jams Muntons How to teach a Birthday Magic class...
Scott O.
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
1142 Posts

Profile of Scott O.
Like Denny mentioned, Steve Taylor's applause flower routine is great for kids. I use it in many of my shows and it gets fantastic results. Age 3 to about 8 or 9 really enjoy this.
Do not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time you will reap a harvest, if you do not give up. Galatians 6:9
Fabio P
View Profile
Special user
Rome - ITALY
540 Posts

Profile of Fabio P
The piece is actually on Jams Muntons How to teach a Birthday Magic class...

sorry cannot find this book(??)
James Munton
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, TX
1199 Posts

Profile of James Munton
Fagani,

You can get it here:
http://www.magicsells.com

Best,
James
SeaDawg
View Profile
Special user
The Lunatic Fringe
718 Posts

Profile of SeaDawg
James, I did not realize Monsieur Lebaggie was such a talented little individual, but he can do well as an inpromptu applause meter...
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2126 Posts

Profile of axtell
You can evaluate my "Off the Meter" by watching the video at http://www.axtell.com/meter.html This is a very complex little machine to build in a quality way, which is why it's an expensive item....if you consider $170 plus shipping expensive for a killer warm up.

Also don't forget Trevor Lewis' applause Meter.

Ax
Steve Axtell
http://www.axtell.com
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
Pro Puppets, Magic & Animatronics
James Munton
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, TX
1199 Posts

Profile of James Munton
Seadawg,

And you have only begun to scratch his surface! I'm going to be releasing a 4-dvd set of tricks that he can do through L&L Publishing in spring 2007.

Best,
James
Gideon Sylvan
View Profile
Special user
Deerfield, IL
541 Posts

Profile of Gideon Sylvan
I hate clapping warm-ups. They are boring to adults, and aren't exciting to the kids. I warm my audience up before my first effect for maybe 10-15 seconds max, and it is always enough to get everyone excited, everyone ready, and everyone part of the show. Just because you hear about them a lot doesn't mean the normal warm-ups are really that great. I fine warm-up would be to go out on stage and wave at the audience, open your mouth to speak, pause, and wave some more. Or, tell them your magic words and have them scream it; they love screaming.
You know you are a magician when you have boxes full of lecture notes you have never read, but still are excited about going out and buying more.

www.gideonsylvan.com
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12245 Posts

Profile of John C
I use the ballon dog (I think it's called that!) as an opener with patter about part of being a magician is never giving up. I get a little person (usually a little girl) on stage. I blow up one balloon and pretend to sneeze. the balloon flys out of my hand.

I try another balloon, it has a hole in it. I tie the end, blow it up, and sneeze again. The balloon flys out of my hand. I ask the little girl if I should give up. She says no. I ask if she has any ideas. The other day a girl says, "Yea, do magic." I said, "I guess that's what I'm here for." I then blow up the bag, pop it and a balloon animal appears.

This effect I got from a Jeff Hobson video. Great effect to open with.

John
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
derrick
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug holes for
1044 Posts

Profile of derrick
Before I got "Off The Meter" my favorite opener for kids was taken from David Ginn's Comedy Warm Ups booklet. I added my own ending - I think it’s my twist anyway. You quickly ask a series of questions and have the kids raise their hands. You say - "Raise your hands if you like hamburgers, raise your hands if like pizza, raise them if you like ice cream, raise them if you like chocolate, raise them if you like bananas, raise them If you are bananas." You always catch a few that will raise their hands on the last question. I usually act relieved and say, "You're banana's? I'm banana's too!!!!!" Usually all the kids want to be bananas at that point. It really is a fun opener and a great way to introduce the multiplying bananas routine.

Derrick
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Applause warm-up (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL