The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Crazy DVD sale I'm a little suspicious. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

zawert
View Profile
New user
Ottawa Canada
24 Posts

Profile of zawert
Can anyone tell me if this is a good DVD set? Im seriously considering it after seeing it advertised in Genii but it seems to goo to be true.
http://magicims.com/platinum_collection.php
-Keir
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5382 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
All I can knowledgeably say about this is that it comes from Tony Hassini and company (including Max Toth, Tom Mullica and Gay Blackstone, among many others). These folks have a strong, practically lifelong reputation in the magic community so it would surprise me greatly to find out that this was not as fantastic and legitimate an offer as it seems.
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2512 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Do a search here under IMS videos or DVDs. It They aren't bad, I own several.

s
Jakal
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of Jakal
35 Volume? Not 35 Disk?
This seems not to be whole set.
Not Recommend.
Phil C
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
904 Posts

Profile of Phil C
Didn't really say how many DVDs there are
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, Pa
2926 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
IMS had a special like this a couple of years ago that my wife purchased as a gift for me. I received 6 DVD's approx. So the volumes are within the DVD set. You will not receive 35 DVD's. I felt it worth the asking price. Some great routines, some mediocre, but all in all I was pleased.
David Paul
If you can't help worrying, remember worrying can't help you!
Reuben Dunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Has a purple ribbon wraped around my
1592 Posts

Profile of Reuben Dunn
I've got the mentalism Video, that's my area of specialization....

Personally I would have been better off spending my money on a meal and a movie. The "routines" were kindergarden level effects, and there are better ways to learn the craft.

Perhaps the mainstream "magic" instruction was on a higher level, but I'd not hold my breath.

By the way, a "life time" membership yields nothing more than a tacky wallet size card, and an 8X10 certificate, and the mentalism video.

"As a member of IMS you will be able to access to our magic magazine. You will also have the privilege to purchase our DVD's, which are exclusive to IMS members. These DVD's will teach you incredible magic. We have 100's of DVD's that will teach you everything from A to Z. And these DVD's are only available to IMS members."

No access to the "magazine", and from all appearences, no updating of material either.

There are a lot better ways to use your ££/$$ than these people.
Good Thoughts.

Reuben Dunn

www.reubendunn.com
magic icebreakers
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of magic icebreakers
Gotta love ad copy. Not saying it is or is not worth it, but the perceived added value (seemly 35 discs) is misleading. Then again, what's wrong with a ad that states, "The spectator FREELY selects a card"?
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
It's 35 volumes. which means, each disk contains several volumes. Most likely 6-8 disks.

I've talked to Tony on the phone. He's pretty funny. The IMS collections have Dean Dill, Johnny Thompson, Harry Lorayne, Paul Wilson, Bill Malone, etc. Real pro's have let Hassini film them and it's the top effects that are on the L&L type DVD's, without the glossy production and audiences.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
1907 Posts

Profile of iamslow
I got the IMS best of the best series and its got some killer material by top names...definately worth the investment..
"Everyone is tough till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3717 Posts

Profile of mrunge
I believe that for the price, coupled with what you get, it is a fantastic bargain.

I have several of the IMS videos and have found them to contain some great stuff. The production quality is not as good as that from L&L Publishing, but the price more than makes up for it.

To me, it's definitely a good deal.

Mark.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5649 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2006-11-02 23:48, MagicChris wrote:
It's 35 volumes. which means, each disk contains several volumes. Most likely 6-8 disks.

Yes, generally one IMS DVD contains 5 volumes. Hence one can expect the 35 volumes would be on about 7 DVDs. But it's always better to check.

IMS DVDs have some great materials on them.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
samuelchong
View Profile
Loyal user
Penang
237 Posts

Profile of samuelchong
Quote:
***The IMS Platinum Collection 35-Volume DVD Set is available for pre-order. The first orders will ship out on November 15, 2006.***

Anyone has receive it..? Would appreciate a review on it..
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Crazy DVD sale I'm a little suspicious. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL