The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Dave Womach is releasing a new gimmick for us parakeet guys!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Wade Live
View Profile
Veteran user
Earth
322 Posts

Profile of Wade Live
I think the size is perfect for a parakeet. I open the top and let the bird crawl up. Just before he gets out you SHUT IT! hahah! Works everytime... hehe

The gizmo was VERY WELL thought out and worth the asking price. I smiled the first time I used it! I used it last week at my restaurant gig. THEY LOVED IT! Lil bugger just came out of nowhere. Use your left breast pocket and your good to go...

lOOKING FORWARD TO SEE WHAT HE COMES OUT WITH NEXT!
Watchmaker
View Profile
Veteran user
369 Posts

Profile of Watchmaker
Wade, thanks for the response. My problem, if it is one, is I have a Parrotlet which is a tad bit smaller than a Parakeet but a little rounder. He is just 28 grams and it seems like I have to sort of squish him in there which I'm hesitant to do. I'm trying to get an idea of how snug it should be and if I have to, I can let it out a bit like a pair of pants. But I don't want him to have enough room in there to be able to move around.

I'll give your idea of keeping the top open a try and see if he climbs up himself. The problem with Parrotlets is they don't know they are tiny, they have the personality of a much larger bird.

Also, like you I'm looking forward to the next "gizmo".
DaveWomach
View Profile
Elite user
Dave Womach
453 Posts

Profile of DaveWomach
Quote:
On 2006-12-07 17:17, Watchmaker wrote:
Wade, thanks for the response. My problem, if it is one, is I have a Parrotlet which is a tad bit smaller than a Parakeet but a little rounder. He is just 28 grams and it seems like I have to sort of squish him in there which I'm hesitant to do. I'm trying to get an idea of how snug it should be and if I have to, I can let it out a bit like a pair of pants. But I don't want him to have enough room in there to be able to move around.

I'll give your idea of keeping the top open a try and see if he climbs up himself. The problem with Parrotlets is they don't know they are tiny, they have the personality of a much larger bird.

Also, like you I'm looking forward to the next "gizmo".

I'm confused. Do you already have the gimmick, and are trying it with your parrotlet? My brother has a parrotlet, and I think the gimmic might be a little snug, but it should be pretty close. I have a pretty heavy parakeet (40 grams), and he fits just perfectly. It's snug, but he doesn't complain at all. I wish I could help you out more, but I don't have access to a parrotlet here in Saipan so it's difficult to say. If you can take a measurement around the biggest part of his body and send it to me, I can measure my largest parakeet and see if it's similar. Will that work for you? Please let me know your thoughts. I'd like to try to help you as much as possible on this one!

As for some other questions on the fourm...
You can leave your parakeet in the gizmo for the same amount of time that you could leave a dove in a dove bag, given that conditions allow. I load my parakeet into it 10-15 minutes before he gets produced. It is very comfortable for him, and the way I'm using it in my act, he's not exposed to any additional heat (if you know what I mean).

The pocket is made of very high quality fabrics, and is made specifically for the parakeet gizmo, for people who want to use it like a B*** L*** as a dove magician typically does.

I don't want to advertise my next projects on here, out of fairness to the Magic Café. I will post ad soon, displaying some future products. In the mean time, keep your eyes open for new products. :o)

Dave
Watchmaker
View Profile
Veteran user
369 Posts

Profile of Watchmaker
Mr. Womach

Yes I already have the gimmick. The problem may just be me and/or a stubborn bird. When I go to put the little guy in there he is really fighting it and I'm hesitant to just force him in. The only other load I've ever used was a Slydini one and the bird was more "wrapped up" as you know what I mean. I'm was just asking how it should fit, to be totally sure before I just forced him in.

Parrotlets are a little pudgier and he measures 5 1/8 inches around (a very loose measurement) his middle.

As far as my thoughts, I think it's a terrific gimmick. I'm just being very cautious. I hope anybody reading this doesn't think getting a Parakeet into it would be a problem as I'm sure it isn't. If my bird doesn't fit I'll just make it a tad bigger, I have a pretty nice sewing machine.
DaveWomach
View Profile
Elite user
Dave Womach
453 Posts

Profile of DaveWomach
Hello Watchmaker,

I just measured one of my new parakeets, and he is exactly 5 inches around his biggest point (chest and wings). I loaded him into the Gizmo for the first time, and he fits fine. He's on the medium to large side of parakeets. There is certainly room for one more 1/8" of thickness, although it would make it tighter on him. My guess is that you're probably right, and he just thinks he's big! (My brother's bird is fearless!) There should be just enough room to let it out slightly for your parrotlet if you decide you need to.

I appreciated you clarifying for anyone who is just reading this section, that you are refering to a parrotlet, and not a parakeet. This Gizmo was made specifically for parakeets, but should still accomodate most birds in the size and weight range.

I'm sure glad you like the product. Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Dave
Watchmaker
View Profile
Veteran user
369 Posts

Profile of Watchmaker
Now that I know there's enough room in there for a Parrotlet I just told the little bugger to suck it up and put him in there. It worked out great. There was one very slight modification I made that helped out (I'll pm Mr. Womach with the details).

Happy to say, it works just as good as promised even with a little bigger bird.
haywire
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia
760 Posts

Profile of haywire
Wow here is the perfect excuse to buy some parakeets hahaa.

I have doves and have been considering adding a few parakeets because I can think of several things I can do with those that doves won't work for.

As far as the gimmick,I am confused about color, is this like a dove holder and you should pick the color that will match a silk you use or should the color to the gimmick match your clothing?

Any help here on deciding color Dave or someone who has one? Congrats on what appears to be a great new magic item, the good posts here let us know our money will be well spent.

Steven
David Boyd
View Profile
Regular user
NYC
197 Posts

Profile of David Boyd
Hey Dave ,
Do you have them in my skin color???? lol
If not can I special order one?
Peace
David Boyd

www.myspace.com/harlemmagic
DaveWomach
View Profile
Elite user
Dave Womach
453 Posts

Profile of DaveWomach
Hey Guys,

They don't come in skin color, as there are too many tones to have to manufacture. However, for barehand productions like in my video, I have chosen to use black. Other than that, you would want to get one that matches the silk. If your costume isn't black then you should get one to match your costume if you're doing "barehanded." I hope that makes sense.

PLease let me know if you have any other questions about it.

Thanks.

Dave
haywire
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia
760 Posts

Profile of haywire
I'll be ordering a gizmo and some dvd's after christmas, everyone has said great things about the gizmo and Dave and his brother Chet's training dvd's.

Unfortunately for me I have to wait awhile because tis the season to be broke!

ARGH!

Steven
Astrid
View Profile
New user
Seattle, WA
63 Posts

Profile of Astrid
Yet another fabulous creation from the brilliant mind of Dave Womach! Do I get a discount if I come pick it up in saipan? (Lol I kid, I kid)
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1197 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
What website shows the DVD's Dave has for sale on training parakeets and biting problems?

Thanks,

DJ
itsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
middle earth
1117 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
Just ordered your parakeet dvd's and will get the gizmo soon as I'm hoping to add a parakeet into my show. Are parakeets as tame as doves or do they bite aggressively? I tried picking one up from a pet store and when I reached for it it bit me.
DaveWomach
View Profile
Elite user
Dave Womach
453 Posts

Profile of DaveWomach
Quote:
On 2006-12-27 15:38, itsmagic wrote:
Just ordered your parakeet DVDs and will get the gizmo soon as I'm hoping to add a parakeet into my show. Are parakeets as tame as doves or do they bite aggressively? I tried picking one up from a pet store and when I reached for it it bit me.

It all depends on how the parakeet is raised and handled. You should have the DVDs now, so if you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. I have several parakeets that never bite me. If they're tame, they have no reason to bite. In my opinion, they tame down just as easily/quickly as doves if you use the right techniques.

Hope this helps!

Dave
randirain
View Profile
Inner circle
Fort Worth, TX
1650 Posts

Profile of randirain
Bringing this topic back to life once more...

Question...
Do you have to wear a suit? or jacket?
How easy is it to get creative with the gizmo? as in where to stash the bird.
I don't wear suits, jackets, or much of anything actually when I perform.

Thanks,
Randi
haywire
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia
760 Posts

Profile of haywire
"I don't wear suits, jackets, or much of anything actually when I perform."

Now that's my kind of magic show.

:)

Steven
randirain
View Profile
Inner circle
Fort Worth, TX
1650 Posts

Profile of randirain
That's not an answer Steven. Smile

But seriously all...
Dave emailed me my answer.

Thanks,
Randi
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1732 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
I just recieved several of the Womach items for parakeets. I'll post a review for each over the next couple of days...

As for now I can tell you this... I was blown away at the quality on each item!!! Dave has a winning line of parakeet items!!!

-Bryan
randirain
View Profile
Inner circle
Fort Worth, TX
1650 Posts

Profile of randirain
I, too, recently bought the parakeet stuff (i.e. gizmo and DVDs).

I will follow up with a review, myself.

Randi
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1732 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
Here's a link to the review I posted on Dave Womach's Parakeet Gizmo, Parakeet Pocket, and Parakeet Windsock!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Dave Womach is releasing a new gimmick for us parakeet guys!!! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL