The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Crossing the Line (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1654 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Like Payne and Kimmo, I never use a line, and have never had a problem. Some libraries offer tape, but I decline. I simply set out an imaginary line for them at the beginning of the show, and point out that if anyone crosses the line, none of my spells will work. It never fails!
timsonefelt
View Profile
New user
SC
44 Posts

Profile of timsonefelt
I've used a rope in the past to mark where the first row should start. Then after the first row is seated and the other kids start to fill in, I pick up the rope. You can always use it to tie up a stray!

As Ken (and others) have mentioned, they do tend to 'scoot' on occasion, but I've found that this is more prelavent in some venues and virtually non existant in others. Schools for instance rarely have this problem as they all know 'the rules' and know they'd likely be taken away if they don't stay in line (pun intended).

I do disagree with moving all around just because you have space. This is bad stagecraft and is what folks do when nervous. It's like babbling because one is afraid of silence. Standing totally still and being completely silent can work wonders But I digress . . . movements should have a reason and not be random and sporadic to control the children's position in relationship to your performing area.

best!
Tim Sonefelt
HarbinJr.
View Profile
Elite user
I only have
450 Posts

Profile of HarbinJr.
Like Regan and Al I use cones to mark the seating arrangement. I got my cones from Wal Mart (the real magic store!) which were used for soccer on a field, I believe! I couldn't believe how well they worked when people came to sit and saw the cones and teachers started seating accordingly without asking me "Where do you want us to sit?" I even had cones set up to make an aisle. The cones I got were very lightweight and came 4 in a pack and cost bout 3 dollars a pack. But bottom line is whatever works for you, like the painters tape and the electrified blue painter barbed wire or even the taser gun, is what you should use!

Robert

p.s. um.....I really hope you don't use all that other stuff I said lol!!!
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
The dollar store sell 4 small ones for a dollar. I use them and they do know what that means. It's so much easier than tape.

Dennis
Dennis Michael
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13417 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Quote:
On 2006-10-30 10:30, Dennis Michael wrote:
The dollar store sell 4 small ones for a dollar. I use them and they do know what that means. It's so much easier than tape.

Dennis

Seems like it would appear as 4 megaphones for 4 kids. Tape you can't pull up and shoult into. But hey, if it works!
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Crossing the Line (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL