We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Need another way to die... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1490 Posts

Profile of Marvello
Make her eat tainted spinach
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
Sylver Fyre
View Profile
Regular user
Michigan
152 Posts

Profile of Sylver Fyre
Midnight you can't have the souls... especially since I'm playing one of the victims, and well someone already has a claim on mine...

Personally I wish we were able to hang her by her hands and have a centibite rip off strips of flesh from her slowly and sexy like but the ceiling at this place doesn't have the supports.
Sylver Fyre

"Do not warm yourself by the fire, become the flame"
---------------------------------------------
www.knottybitssideshow.com
Add me on Myspace or Facebook! http://www.myspace.com/sylverfyre
Thetruthteller
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of Thetruthteller
Here's Twenty-Six ways to meet your maker.

http://www.admetam.org/arsmoriendi/
Mystician
View Profile
Inner circle
Wallachia
3485 Posts

Profile of Mystician
Awright Midnight, you've had your time, now get back down there !
BTW, that was a pretty good idea with the wood chipper.

Magus, my bad, did I type remove the chain ? I meant, don't forget to remove the guard, uh.. if there is one..

Fantasy moment: Gwyd, this won't help you a whole lot, but I just bought a lumidisk that's only 3" wide and battery powered - really portable and very kewl.
So now, I picture a sort of clear plastic suit that has two layers, and the inner section is filled with phospors and electrodes that create that cool plasma/lightning effect, all over the body. I'm sure somebody could do it, given time and money, anyway.

Okay, more ideas:

1) Shoot her in the neck with a blowgun
2) Shoot her with a gun/rifle and use squibs - simplistic, huh ? Okay, here's more creative stuff-
3) Got a green laser pointer ? Build a prop around it and slice her up ala Jame's Bond in "Dr. No"
4) Drop her in a tank full of pirhana. Have a huge payload of alka-seltzer on her to make the water "bubble" with "activity".
5) Hire a falconer to train his bird to go tear her liver out like Promethius Smile
6) Burn her using those fake flame torches and maybe some ultrasmoke 2000 strapped on each leg. Nah, not very visual I guess.
7) Pull a switcheroo that no one is expecting: as the torturer/executioner walks under her, she grabs him around the neck with her legs and snaps his neck !
Just hanging out with the rest of my fellow dregs.
http:// www . phrets . com
Visit http://www.bizarremagic.net
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
All those are good, Myst, but I like number 7. Number 4 is a close second. (How can 4 be second? Smile )
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
magus
View Profile
Special user
Huntington Beach, Ca
668 Posts

Profile of magus
Mystician-
Sounds like a bank job- Remove the guard with a chainsaw...
Pat
crappy deium-

what a lousy day to be seized

thaumometer-

a device for measuring a magical field
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2249 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
ROTFLMAO @ Pat. Now there is a mind that I like!

How about a Coat hanger up the nose and pull the brains out. Egyptian Style.

Regards
Wolflock
Wolflock
Pro Magician & Escapologist
Member of JMC (Johannesburg Magic Circle)
South Africa
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1726 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
Keairao, we already doing an intestine pulling with a nail studded barbeque styled crank...We'll have to compare methods! Guns don't match the hellraiser theme unfortunately.
JPK- The UV strobe idea is cool as heck. Can't pull it together for this one, but will definately use it in the future.
Harley- Sidehook instead of the spine- Love it, but will need to make a new harness. Archiving for future use. Probably will be going with the heart being ripped out thing though.
Bill- Dead like me was out of the video store. Going to have to archive that one as well.
Marvello- Ew.
Sylver- You know durned well we have ripped skin off before. Naiomi's thighs and Sara's back.
Was pretty sexy though...
Truth Teller- always loved that artwork.
Oh...Midnight- Love that idea! The woodchipper is brilliant and really simple! Guarantee it will make an appearance at future shows! Thanks!!
Mystician- Fantasy moments are allowed...the suit would be very cool. My costuming is all tubes and flowing green liquids and a lip spreader that exposes most of my teeth. Looks cool, but is definately not comfortable.
Blowgun- Not visual enough for this show, but I was already working on a blowgun catch routine for this summer. Cool.
Knifing and blood squibs are already being used in the Hills have eyes show later in the night.
Green laser pointer- Not bad, but all of my lasers are attached to the heads of radio controlled sharks in the moat right now.
Tank of Pirhanas and alkaseltzer- I'm thinking instead of pihranas making it acid. Not sure how it will play from stage though.
Falconer tearing out her liver- Urm...Yeah....Best I could do is have a grumpy dove sit on her head.
The Switch/Reversal- Actually is what happens in most of our shows. I grab the girls in one form or another, and they turn the tables on me. For once, I get to be victorious!! Mwahahahaha!
Wolflock- I'm the blockhead in the group, and don't think I could train Trish to do it in time.

So, the time is up.
The show is in about four hours.
Great ideas, and thank you to EVERYONE!! Got a lot of stuff to work on for future shows, for tonight...
I think I am going to go with the hook in the back, plunge a hand into her chest and pull out the heart.

Next show, I'm going to hang her by her spine while singing Barney's "I love you!", lower her into an electric woochipper with a bunch of tainted spinach, half way through push the chipper into a bathtub so she is electrocuted and when the ducks come out to eat her liver she'll come back to life and shove my head up my bum.

Now THAT is going to be one heck of a show!!!!

Wish me luck tonight! It's going to be a messy tough show!
Gwyd
Mystician
View Profile
Inner circle
Wallachia
3485 Posts

Profile of Mystician
I think by far, the most horrible, gruesome and inhumane suggestion of all was playing the Barney theme.

*shivers*
Just hanging out with the rest of my fellow dregs.
http:// www . phrets . com
Visit http://www.bizarremagic.net
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2249 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
Pul out your own brains with this effect in the beginning and make it look like that has made you brainless and insane.
Wolflock
Pro Magician & Escapologist
Member of JMC (Johannesburg Magic Circle)
South Africa
Prof. Pabodie
View Profile
Veteran user
318 Posts

Profile of Prof. Pabodie
This is for an old age home? I would like to hear how it went. Could you update us, Gwyd?
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1726 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
Sure enough!
*****Warning- Graphic Violence is described- Read at your own caution****
The show went really really well. The 10 bands we shared the space with were...well...
Imagine a muppet gargling on peanut butter laced with razor blades and draino. Multiply by ten bands and you pretty much have the musical tone of the evening.
But attendance was good, had a pretty good sized house, and most of them had not seen us perform before, so they didn't know what to expect.
The first act we did (the Hellraiser bit), went well with a small hitch. It started with three girls playing with a puzzle box in front of the curtain. They opened the box, and the curtain opened to reveal the Cenobites (Myself-I was covered with clear tubing attached to my wrists, throat and back filled with greenish liquid and Naiomi- 6'2", rail thin with her mouth cut back from the corners of her mouth to her ears). One of the three girls pushed Sylver up to us on the stage. I went to put a hook into Sylver's arm, but the gimmick had worn off on one of her arms, so couldn't get it to stick. I left her with the other Cenobite to restrain her. The crowd was really into it and getting pretty rowdy until I put the meathook into one of the girls back and then proceded to drag her around the stage. They were more than a little freaked out by that. I could hear one girl yelling to her boyfriend that it was real and that I was killing the girl on stage in front of her.
I tied her off and went to change Pussykatt into a Cenobite (Put on her grinder girl getup)and while she did her grinding act, I put one of the tubes connected to my throat up under Sylvers skirt and went into convulsions. This caused the fluids I had running through my system to flow up the clear tube and impregnate Sylver. Her stomach expanded and then exploded in a burst of foul smelling foam. At the same time, Naiomi went to the girl with the meathook and did a psychic curgery, removing the heart.
The two tortured girls died and were taken back behind the curtain by Naiomi and I leaving the Pussykatt in front of the curtain alone. Then she was grabbed and dragged under the curtain to be torn apart.
All of the FX besides one hook went off flawlessly, and people were scared to talk to me afterwards.

The second act was the "Hills Have Eyes" bit.
I had all of the girls preset on stage besides Sylver, who was with me off stage. Pussykatt was in a bloody bathtub, Naiomi on a table under an oddish device and Trish (Our meathook girl) was tied to a chair.
The music came up, the curtain opened, and I carried Sylver under my arm kicking and screaming to drop her center stage (I had my hair down all stringy over my face, white tank t-shirt and ragged black jeans, all covered in dried blood)
She tried to crawl away, so I grabbed her by the ankle and slashed her achilles tendon with a butcher knife. Then proceded to pull her head back and put out her eyes with my thumbs.
Now that she couldn't go anywhere fast (She spent the rest of the show crawling around the stage finding implements of torture and victims- Poor thing had stage blood all over her eyes and reall couldn't see!!), I turned my attention to Naiomi, slitting her stomach, pulling out intestines and hooking them to the gut winding device and cranking them free of her body. Next I went to Trish and slit her scalp, ripping it open with my fingers to release the ooze beneath (Rasberry jam and stage blood...It was tasty!!!), then I went to Pssykatt, threw a noose aroung her wrists, pulling her up, slashing her wrists and then drowning her in the tub of her own blood.
At last I returned to Sylver, cut part of her shirt off (Not all...It's not that kind of show!!)and strangled her to death before slitting my own wrists.
The curtain closed, then reopened, and we all stood up to take bows and blow bloody kisses to the crowd.
The people in front by the stage looked like they had been to a nightmare version of Gallagher, blood and bits all over them. They loved it though!
You know they like a show when they still want to shake your hand or give you a hug and you are covered in gore.
I do love this type of work, although it is not as serious or thought out as the Bizarre magic I so adore. We get to take the audience to somewhere they never get to go in person. People love horror movies, but the experience is muted. They can look away, pause it on a DVD, escape from it in some way without difficulty. In an on stage "Horror Movie" which is what these really are, they hear live human screams, they can smell things (The vinegar smell of Sylvers exploding belly, the smell of heated metal from the grinder) they feel the spray of warm blood. There is no removal, there is no distance, they can see a look of fear or a bead of sweat as it drips.
It is almost total immersion.
Theatre is all about making an audience feel an emotion, any emotion, to have a degree of empathy for the characters involved. To live through an experience with the people on stage. In this case, we were trying to evoke revusion and fear.
I think we did that pretty well.
And we never actually talk in our acts, the only sound you will ever hear above the music is screams, yelling and the occasional rage filled roar.

Wow...

I just realized we are evil mimes.

Sweet!

Gwyd
If anyone is curious how the effects were done live, let me know via PM. All were very simple and VERY effective. I am all about sharing my methods.
(And if anyone is offended by the content of this post, I apologise. T'was not my intent at all. It's one of my shows, it's what I do, and I am very proud of it. But it is very close to the edge of what can be done on stage, and the edge can be disturbing. So, if the content bothered you, again, I am truly sorry. Feel free to PM me and I will make the apology more personal.)
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1726 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
Oh...And no...It wasn't REALLY for an old age home...
Prof. Pabodie
View Profile
Veteran user
318 Posts

Profile of Prof. Pabodie
Fantastic! It sounded like a great show. It also sounds like you take Grand Guignol and leave it far behind in the dust. Thanks for the detailed post, Gwyd. And I'm sure there are some members of the senior community who would get a kick out of it! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Need another way to die... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL