The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Bill in Lemon (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jondark445
View Profile
Special user
717 Posts

Profile of jondark445
Hi:

Just curious if anyone thinks this is a routine that could appeal to kids....Maybe not really young children, but for the 7-12 set. What do you think?

--Jon
MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1177 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
I do this routine in family show settings all the time. I borrow the bill from the dad and have him come up with his kids. It works very well. I use Final Answer as the basic routine. Let me know if you want to see a viseo.

If it is just a kid show with no adults, you will have trouble borrowing a bill. Smile
mysticalmike
View Profile
Special user
Saratoga Springs, NY
515 Posts

Profile of mysticalmike
Know I don;t want secret nor do I want to know how it is done. I just want to ask this how hard is it to learn? how hard is it to do? If it is not to hard where can I learn to do it or get book or dvd?
thnaks
mike
jondark445
View Profile
Special user
717 Posts

Profile of jondark445
Mike:

The easiest, most simple and direct explanation I know of for the Bill to Lemon can be found in THE KLUTZ BOOK OF MAGIC put out by Klutz Press.

MikeDes:

Thanks...I use The Final Answer as well. I was curious how it played with kids. The venues I was thinking of were ones that would not strictly be kids...so families, yes. Thanks for the tip and am glad it works well.

--Jon
Ken Dumm
View Profile
Inner circle
1196 Posts

Profile of Ken Dumm
Quote:
On 2006-10-24 12:13, MikeDes wrote:
I do this routine in family show settings all the time. I borrow the bill from the dad and have him come up with his kids. It works very well. I use Final Answer as the basic routine. Let me know if you want to see a viseo.

If it is just a kid show with no adults, you will have trouble borrowing a bill. Smile

For kid shows, I give a five dollar bill (yup a five) to the birthday child at the beginning of the show. Then when I need to borrow a bill for the trick, I know someone will have a bill on them.

Ken
jondark445
View Profile
Special user
717 Posts

Profile of jondark445
Ken:

That's a cool idea. I'm not above doing something crazy like giving out a fiver. Question, though....what do you say when you initially give the bill to the child at the beginning of the show? Happy Birthday, here's five bucks??? Just curious...good idea though...

--Jon
itsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
middle earth
1076 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
I do the Lemon Game in most of my bday shows and it goes over very well. Adults LOVE this trick and kids go along for the "game-show" ride.
Ken Dumm
View Profile
Inner circle
1196 Posts

Profile of Ken Dumm
Quote:
On 2006-10-24 13:41, jondark445 wrote:
Ken:

That's a cool idea. I'm not above doing something crazy like giving out a fiver. Question, though....what do you say when you initially give the bill to the child at the beginning of the show? Happy Birthday, here's five bucks??? Just curious...good idea though...

--Jon

I typically tell them they'll need it for the show, and they may be able to trade it in for fabulous prizes. I'll sometimes do the game show theme, but either way, when their signed five dollar bill comes out of the lemon soaking wet from the lemon juice, it's a five they rarely want to spend. Most times, the parents will have the child hold the bill up showing his or her name on it when we are taking pictures at the end of the party. Giving the bill to them before the show gives them ownership of the bill as well. If you give them the bill just prior to the trick, it doesn't come off as well.

Ken
Ryan Price
View Profile
Special user
winnipeg, MB, Canada
641 Posts

Profile of Ryan Price
I have seen a street performer give a child assistant a $5 at the begging of his show he then says something along the lines of that’s what every good performer deserves for a job well done. You may be able to use that.
MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1177 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
Quote:
On 2006-10-24 13:19, Ken Dumm wrote:

For kid shows, I give a five dollar bill (yup a five) to the birthday child at the beginning of the show. Then when I need to borrow a bill for the trick, I know someone will have a bill on them.

Ken

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing that.
magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1217 Posts

Profile of magicbern
There's a very solid routine in the MArk Wilson Course - it served me well for many many years!
mysticalmike
View Profile
Special user
Saratoga Springs, NY
515 Posts

Profile of mysticalmike
Is the lemon game a good thing to use for outdoor show. I know you might it you prefrence but I am just wondering if it will be good idea. I wish they had one out called the apple game. for the apple orchard oh well just thought.
thanks
mike
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7444 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Mike -

Mike Bent sells a silk in apple routine. I think it's called Fearless Fred. Might fit perfectly with your orchard show.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
mysticalmike
View Profile
Special user
Saratoga Springs, NY
515 Posts

Profile of mysticalmike
Donald
Thanks great idea. I love it.

what I wanted was a trick that I would make afriend come up on stage and have little fun that why I asked about the lemon game.
Mike
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Bill in Lemon (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL