The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Magi-Whirl 2007 - Washington DC (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Michael Taggert
View Profile
Special user
Fredericksburg Virginia
656 Posts

Profile of Michael Taggert
Remeber Ticket Prices go up after this weekend
MrBob102
View Profile
Regular user
Northern Virginia
125 Posts

Profile of MrBob102
Johnton - I have yours and Jeff's registration. Pick up your badges at the registration table. Be sure to tell your magic friends (Ann, David, Kyle, Stephen & Mike) at Park View CC about Magi-Whirl on April 13 & 14. See you there! Bob
Jonton
View Profile
Veteran user
New York City
336 Posts

Profile of Jonton
Hahaha...

Bob, if you hadnt noticed, the website hadnt been updated in about 2 years. The clubs existance kinda evaporated after our founder (Dave Shepherd) left our school (and after administration put some unspoken rules on not having decks of cards in class). Unfortunately, David has the lucky break of having the worlds most over protective mother and she doesn't let him out of her sight (as if he were merely 3 years old), so it's really just me and Jeff that will be there. I plan on taking magic to a professional performance level, whereas Jeff just enjoys it as a hobby. I look forward to meeting everyone there, as I don't get to attend many magic outings.

Be sure to introduce yourselves!
~Jonathan
I Came, I Saw, I Conjured
www.jontaylornyc.com
MrBob102
View Profile
Regular user
Northern Virginia
125 Posts

Profile of MrBob102
Hey everyone, time is running out. On line registration for Magi-Whirl closes on April 10. However, walk-in registrations will be accepted at the Magi-Whirl Registration Desk in the convention area of the Bishop Ireton High School, 201 Cambridge Road, Alexandria VA, beginning on Friday, April 13 at 6:00 PM and Saturday at 9:00 AM. Registration is $50 per person. If you are only interested in the Gala Show on Saturday night the tickets cost $10 at the door.

Hope to see you there!
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Michael, Bob, Jim, and Ruth,

April is finally here. I am really looking forward to our magical time in Virginia together.

The cherry blossoms should be just right too!

See you there.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Jonton
View Profile
Veteran user
New York City
336 Posts

Profile of Jonton
Bob, unfortunately the Cherry Blossoms will soon be gone (probably before the festival even starts). We had a cold night last night and I was in the city today. Boy was it windy, and the blossoms don't hold up all that well in strong winds. There was much more green than pink today. I just hope the few flowers that havent come out will by the time magi-whirl rolls around.

I drove through Alexandria to check out the school, and it seems to be a wonderful fit.

I havent been this excited in ages. Can't wait to see everyone again, and meet several others for the first time!
~Jonathan
www.jontaylornyc.com
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Jonathan,

Monday, I get my costumes out of cleaners and start packing.

For about 35 years I have done Silk to Egg as a walk-around that does not require a real egg or a glass but allows the spectator to hold and inspect the egg and it RESETS ITSELF!

For the first time ever it will be offered commercially at Magi-Whirl 2007. The old man is slipping!

See you there.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Michael Taggert
View Profile
Special user
Fredericksburg Virginia
656 Posts

Bob and Company I will be meeting you all at the hotel Friday evening Unless something disasterous happens. Paul is driving up with his trailer and meeting me at My house. remeber the traffic coming in from the west can be pretty scary. work arounds are reccomended. or just get there earleir. The bar at the hotel is nice!
Mike
sorry lucy isn't coming I still havent met the better half.
Jonathan Rice
View Profile
Loyal user
Maryland
223 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Rice
Well, it seems I'm getting a bit late for online registration, but I will for sure see you all there!

J.
MrBob102
View Profile
Regular user
Northern Virginia
125 Posts

Profile of MrBob102
Jonathan R. - Today, April 10 is last day for on-line registration (www.Magi-Whirl.Org). But you can still register for all events at the door for the same price $50. Hope to see you there!
Jonton
View Profile
Veteran user
New York City
336 Posts

Profile of Jonton
1 more day!!! God, I'm psyched! Too bad I don't have a whole lot of cash to spend, so I'll hafta budget myself wisely. I'm taking lots of photos that will be my souveniers.
~Jonathan
www.jontaylornyc.com
Jonathan Rice
View Profile
Loyal user
Maryland
223 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Rice
Wasn't able to make it tonight (I'm sure Eric's lecture was fantastic, he is quite amazing), but I will be sure to see you all bright and early AKA 9:30 AM ish....

J.
Magic_Steve
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1476 Posts

Profile of Magic_Steve
I am definately going to be there tomorrow. I couldn't make it tonight, as I just got switched to Fridays at Red Robin. Didn't want to makme my schedule all hectic. I will definately be there tomarrow, and I want to find out if Eric sold any lecture notes. If so, I am going to try to pick up a copy if possible.

See you all tomarrow!

Best,
Steve
Jonton
View Profile
Veteran user
New York City
336 Posts

Profile of Jonton
Well...it's over, it's done, and it was a huge success. Everyone made it such a wonderful event, and my greatest thanks to everyone involved. I look forward to re-telling stories and reviewing the highlights in the following weeks, so I'll see y'all around.
~Jonathan
www.jontaylornyc.com
Michael Taggert
View Profile
Special user
Fredericksburg Virginia
656 Posts

Thanks to all of you! More to come later sleep and asprin for now
Mike
magicmanila
View Profile
New user
Washington DC
88 Posts

Profile of magicmanila
Congratulations to ring 50, nice to have met some of you guys. ill try to attend your future meetings. again CONGRATULATIONS!!!

sorry if my camera intimidated some of you guys. I swear I didn't take any videos, just stills.

Jolly the Magician
previously from Manila Philippines
ring 328
now living in Washington DC
future ring 50 member?
PERFORM MAGIC AND NOT "PUZZLES" so the audience wont try to "figure out how its done".

KEEP THE MAGIC ALIVE!!!
Michael Taggert
View Profile
Special user
Fredericksburg Virginia
656 Posts

Jolly If you have any good pictures we would love to add them to the archive. You can email them to me or Larry Lipman.
I'm still sleepy but the final results have been counted and we had a great crowd. I'm Looking forward to next year.

Steve did you get notes from Eric? If not email him and I'm sure he will bring a copy to the next meeting for you.
Michael Taggert
View Profile
Special user
Fredericksburg Virginia
656 Posts

A few Historical events took place at Magi-whirl This year. First we were Visited by not one, but two IBM TVP's we were also visited By Al Cohen. Bob Sanders also Got Non Other than Ruth Rice Crone from Silk King Studios to be his assitant on stage for the Gala show. Bary Taylor and Susie Kang Gave Us a hint of the New Barry's magic shop. We had Over 440 people at the Gala show. Bob Sanders and Richard Hughes eventuauly found the hotel. (We're already changing that for next year Guys. Everybody let me know who you think would be a good fit next year. We already have the dates.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Yes, the scenic tour of DC suburbs at 12 am was interesting but not something I want to do again. Hey the seond night I was getting better. It only took me 40 minutes instead of an hour.

Had a nice time. Public show was better than most but could be a little tighter run. Also stopped and had a nice visit with my friend Bill King in Hagerstown, MD. Finally saw his fabulous collection.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Rice
View Profile
Regular user
Ruth Rice Crone
106 Posts

Profile of Rice
Mike and Jolly,
Thanks for all your work on Magi-Whirl 2007! It was a lot of fun! Would it be possible to have some of Jolly's and others photos posted on the website?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Magi-Whirl 2007 - Washington DC (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL