We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Advice on coin size (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Griff
View Profile
Loyal user
Florida
284 Posts

Profile of Griff
Hey all. I have been doing coin magic with half dollar sized coins(walking liberties) for many years. Recently I've been playing with Morgans, but I find that my hands are a little too small to do the same things I do with halves. I think the Morgans are more visual and interesting to the spectators, but will require a lot of work(especially with angles) to "re-master". Would it be worth the extra work (I think I could eventually get it down) to be able to use the larger coins? Or should I stay in my comfort zone with my halves? I perform for small groups of people (2-10 or so at a time) and wonder if the size difference would even be noticed. By the way, this would also mean buying another shell set from Jamie... Cheers!
mike gallo
View Profile
Inner circle
1341 Posts

Profile of mike gallo
Griff...only you can determine if it is "worth it". How important is the change to you?

Mike
Griff
View Profile
Loyal user
Florida
284 Posts

Profile of Griff
Hey Mike! Actually, I think I might give it a go. I like the heavier feel and sound of the dollar sized coins, but may have to change some effects/routines. I just wonder if anybody else has ever had this "problem". By the way Mike, since I have the opportunity I just want to thank you for all of your contributions to the art and also for your generosity. Cheers!
GeorgeSantos
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1106 Posts

Profile of GeorgeSantos
Use what's comfortable to you. My criteria for the perfect coin size is one that I can Classic Palm, Down's Palm, Finger Palm, J.W. Grip and Edge Grip.
"David Roth is the greatest coin manipulator in the entire world.."

-Dai Vernon "The Professor"

I AM A FILIPINO MAGICIAN
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Advice on coin size (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL