The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Check out this new video by JessesMagic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Skitch
View Profile
Veteran user
Philadelphia
400 Posts

Profile of Skitch
§kitch
CoinMan21
View Profile
Elite user
China
442 Posts

Profile of CoinMan21
After the misleading videos of pen thru arm, Cigapen and Intact from Jesse, I will stay away till someone offers to take the plunge and review it.
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Looks good in the demo sure you have to switch to hand it out no problem put it away when they ask to see it bring out the permanet bent pen , I like it !!
Tops
CoinMan21
View Profile
Elite user
China
442 Posts

Profile of CoinMan21
Wouldn't that be similar to the bending nail effect but using a pen? Can't we just get a proper demo without the cuts and fanciful MTV stuff?

Wouldn't it be more impossible to bend metal then plastic?
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
I agree but a pen makes sense to have with you a nail hmmmm.... maybe for a show the nail . I would rather bend a pen power of the mind lol!
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Wait for the reviews so you don't waste any money it does look good !
Virungan
View Profile
Inner circle
Here and There
1156 Posts

Profile of Virungan
Never bought anything from this company, was slightly tempted by INTACT... was it no good as someone suggested here?
Smile When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth...Smile
Skitch
View Profile
Veteran user
Philadelphia
400 Posts

Profile of Skitch
Coinman21: how has his videos for his past effects been misleading in anyway?

Tophatter: Actually no, you don't have to switch it. The effect will read as follows: Bring out a normal looking bic pen. Concentrate on it, and without any movement, the pen begins to melt. The pen bends by itself 90 degrees... and the pen can be IMMEDIATELY handed out for examination. No switches, no tricky moves, SO CLEAN. And they can see that the pen is REALLY MELTED! No setup, no reset. Take the pen back, bend it back, and put it in your pocket. Perfect for walk around!

I think you guys need to do some further reviews on Jessiah's Magic he puts out. His effects have gotten nothing but great reviews and people absolutely love his work including myself.
§kitch
tdowell
View Profile
Inner circle
1050 Posts

Profile of tdowell
Some never learn their lesson.
Skitch
View Profile
Veteran user
Philadelphia
400 Posts

Profile of Skitch
Quote:
On 2006-10-25 04:34, tdowell wrote:
Some never learn their lesson.

Want to elaborate?
§kitch
jerrydb4
View Profile
New user
Chicago, IL
56 Posts

Profile of jerrydb4
I would have to disagree with his effects getting good reviews. I know that if you search the Café for Pen Thru Arm the reviews are 99% bad and there are countless comments about the misleading demo videos.
Skitch
View Profile
Veteran user
Philadelphia
400 Posts

Profile of Skitch
Quote:
On 2006-10-25 05:01, jerrydb4 wrote:
I would have to disagree with his effects getting good reviews. I know that if you search the Café for Pen Thru Arm the reviews are 99% bad and there are countless comments about the misleading demo videos.

Really? I think someone needs to do a little more research:

Here are comments made on a 12 page thread concerning Pen Thru Arm:

"Dude that looks friggen' awesome! I want one!!!
Congrat's on the new release Jesse, you always seem to make the coolest stuff."

"I love the idea man...!!! I really love the effect, good on ya!"

"Okay, heres the paradox: Jessiah is a genious...and though it MAY be based on an old principle, (find me a effect that isn't) he has improved the old and now gives us the new... again, love the idea, and it was just as I thought, but even more slick... ts something that you can just pick it up and do...sure to freak 'em out."

"Does the effect in person LOOK just like the video demo?

If so, why isn't this GREAT?
---------------------------------

Yes it does look just like the one the demo. Great effects I reserve for mentalism effects which Im partial to cause they are what puts butter on my bread."

"I have to admit that when I saw the video I thought "oh that's cute". Then Jesse did it for me in person last Saturday at Hank Lee's. Wow!!! The video does not do justice to the effect. It really looks great!!!

Larry"

"I own a PTA (thanks Hank!). I am very pleased with this item!

Yes, the pen's design makes use of two "Old School" principles (nothing wrong with that). I give Jesse praise due to the fact that he found an excellent way to combine these two ideas to create a super strong effect using a common everyday item.

The handling is easy and the idea of letting the spectator use the pen before you perform PTA is great. I have already tried this on several people. After letting them use the pen I performed the penetration. One person said, "I think I might know how you did that"(They didn't). I simply held out the pen and said, "Feel the tip." After they saw their theory was incorrect, with a grin I said, "Now, may I try it on you?" They quickly denied the offer! BTW- I suggest you not perform PTA on a spectator's arm unless they have been coached ahead of time.

My reason for explaining this in detail is to point out just how real PTA looks! I can’t imagine how a person could make this effect look any better without actually stabbing a pen in your arm!

With Halloween around the corner...this one will be in the pocket for all walk-around gigs. I love Greg Wilson's Recap. With a simple switch PTA will be used as a finale to that routine.

One reason why Jesse may be absent from the Café is due to some of the sour remarks from those who don’t own a PTA. But the real reason is probably due to the fact he is busy making a ton of these!

Keep up the great work Jesse! You should be proud!

Kevin"

"I'm having a blast working with this. Planning on creating a new one this weekend."

"Okay, me and Jesse traded trick for trick and I finally got the PTA, direct from the creator, too kool, and I gotta say , IT'S FRIGGEN AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, I took the greyhound to and from Boston, while waiting for my other bus, I would go outside and have a smoke. There were plenty of beggars for such a small bus terminal, everytime one of them would ask me for money or a smoke, I would whip out Cigapen and then do PTA...

I ain't never seen these types of peoples back off so quick! Hahahahahahahahar! I got to keep my money and my cigs, I would then politly tell them that if they are going to ask for free stuff that they should of course give something positive back in return...I don't think some of them liked the little lecture I gave 'em, or the fact I started busking in front of them and made nine dollars for about ten or fifteen mintues of magic.

PTA will always be in my pocket! Thanks for a great trick Jesse!

johnny"

As you can see, this is just a few of the positive comments that can be found regarding PTA if someone would be willing to do a simple search unlike the comment made above.

Anyway, let's try to keep this on his new effect coming out on the demo video I posted. Thanks....
§kitch
magicxman
View Profile
Regular user
142 Posts

Profile of magicxman
WHAT !! Jesse Again !!

I never buy anything from him. Don't ask me me why just do a search on this forum and see what people said about his products.
jerrydb4
View Profile
New user
Chicago, IL
56 Posts

Profile of jerrydb4
There are 12 pages in that post, check out some of the later ones. Anyway, buy the trick if you like it, everyone has their own style and opinions.
Skitch
View Profile
Veteran user
Philadelphia
400 Posts

Profile of Skitch
Quote:
On 2006-10-25 06:13, magicxman wrote:
WHAT !! Jesse Again !!

I never buy anything from him. Don't ask me me why just do a search on this forum and see what people said about his products.

I have and he's a well respected Magician, Inventor and friend on here.
§kitch
JohnCressman
View Profile
Special user
Allentown, PA
903 Posts

Profile of JohnCressman
Any reviews by OTHER respected magicians, here or elsewhere?
CoinMan21
View Profile
Elite user
China
442 Posts

Profile of CoinMan21
The demos he posted for the other products were misleading. I don't wish to elaborate much as it could stretch to an entire essay. Do a search and you can find what the rest have said. Jesse did made some changes to Intact to show the unedited version but it went through many rounds of criticism as well. There was no change to Pen thru Arm and Cigapen.
Skitch
View Profile
Veteran user
Philadelphia
400 Posts

Profile of Skitch
Quote:
On 2006-10-25 12:13, CoinMan21 wrote:
The demos he posted for the other products were misleading. I don't wish to elaborate much as it could stretch to an entire essay. Do a search and you can find what the rest have said. Jesse did made some changes to Intact to show the unedited version but it went through many rounds of criticism as well. There was no change to Pen thru Arm and Cigapen.

Coinman21: I have done a search, that was a big reason in me looking at his effects and then buying some. He's a well respected Magician here. If his effects don't fit your style, that is fine. But don't come here and bash a guy with information you are incorrect about. Just save it, simple as that.
§kitch
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
His reputation as an inventor is tainted becaus ethe demo videos he posted were misleading.

Chris
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
CoinMan21
View Profile
Elite user
China
442 Posts

Profile of CoinMan21
Skitch, I am not bashing with incorrect information. The videos were misleading. If you did look through the threads, you will know why. I have no idea where you did your search. I know Jesse's your friend but I am just speaking the truth. You are pretty right about the saving part. It's really simple. I don't buy Jesse's magic. Simple as that.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Check out this new video by JessesMagic (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL