The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Check out this new video by JessesMagic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Josh Zandman
View Profile
Special user
687 Posts

Profile of Josh Zandman
Thanks Jesse, that looks cool!
Jesse Feinberg
View Profile
Inner circle
www.jessesmagic.com
1074 Posts

Profile of Jesse Feinberg
Glad you like it! Just remember, the video is really only half as good as the real thing! Trust me, magicians cant even figure this one out! (please, no guessing:)
APC
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1213 Posts

Profile of APC
Haha hoping to go tomorrow guys...convincing my parents that going to the magic shop to meet a magician is safe Smile lol, plus its wee bit of a trip, but I gotta spend my bday money sometime!
johnnymystic
View Profile
Inner circle
North Adams Ma.
1576 Posts

Profile of johnnymystic
Quote:
On 2006-10-29 19:26, baskitboy5 wrote:
Haha hoping to go tomorrow guys...convincing my parents that going to the magic shop to meet a magician is safe Smile lol, plus its wee bit of a trip, but I gotta spend my bday money sometime!

I had to convine my wife to let me go and meet Jesse also, he's as safe as a teddy bear...unless you're afraid of teddybears
I drink cheap tequila and vomit
<BR>I cannot eat hot wings...acid reflux
<BR>I never inhale Smile
<BR>I can put a field dress on a deer
the levitator
View Profile
Special user
Spellbound Productions
546 Posts

Profile of the levitator
Quote:
On 2006-10-27 12:23, Magicsquared wrote:

I didn't think I was "bashing" this effect, or "crucifying" its creator. I was just stating a legitimate issue I had with this effect, so you might want to save those words for when they're deserved or else they'll lose any meaning they have around here (if they haven't already).

You know, you are right. My comments weren't really deserved for this particular thread. My reaction was more from the culmination of many negative threads here at the Café. There have definitely been much worse "bashfests" here at the forum and I apologize if I offended anyone in this particular thread. I would still have a much better time here (in the Café) if it were a little less negative, but it's far from the meanest place on earth.

I took my little blue pill, so I'm feeling much happier now! Smile Time to go back to searching for that clown hiding under my bed........... Smile
"It's all in your head...."

James Anthony
www.jamesanthonymagic.com
Jesse Feinberg
View Profile
Inner circle
www.jessesmagic.com
1074 Posts

Johnny Mystic is the man! Best post ever! Baskitboy, email me, or have someone call me at the store and Ill stop by whenever. I work like 10 minutes away... And I have my bending pen on me like 24/7!

Mystic, when are you coming back to Boston?
APC
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1213 Posts

Profile of APC
I just got home from Hank's and I was very impressed with this. Its one of those tricks where you feel so superior as the method is so easy and fun, and the spectator has no idea. This is still really rough but I see A TON of potential for this trick. I would not hold any grudges against Jesse, as I know when this comes out Im getting this. I hope to see more of Jesse's stuff in the future and hope I can hang in the shop more often.
Adam
Jesse Feinberg
View Profile
Inner circle
www.jessesmagic.com
1074 Posts

Hey man, you can hang in the shop with us anytime! Im glad you liked it... Ill definitely bring up my other tricks next time. Talk to you then... -Jesse

Posted: Nov 16, 2006 3:39am
---------------------------------------
I'm starting production of Write Angle next week. Should be ready soon!!! Smile
magicandsoul
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of magicandsoul
I saw the video demo for INTACT. I'm a fool for signed card to impossible location effects. It looked real good. My speakers are out so if there was explanatory patter please forgive me for asking as I could not hear it.

Are you (the magician) signing the card during the real performance or can any spectator sign the card?

Can I do the effect just as you did in the demo except can a spectator be able to freely choose a card and then sign it or will I always have to force and sign the card?

Hope that made sense.

thanks, M&S
Josho
View Profile
Special user
Albany, New York
758 Posts

Profile of Josho
Quote:
On 2006-10-25 14:56, Skitch wrote:

Nicely said, a lot of people have been giving out inaccurate information. I'm been here for over 4 years and know your work and the respect people have for you.

Skitch,

I reviewed the PTA thread myself just now. Here are some of the comments:

*Just received mine, not too impressive just an old technique but still have some fun. The price tag is too high for such a item.

*it does require some setup and reset, you make it sound like its the perfect gimmick in fact it far from perfect.

*The effect in the video in one sequence displays the pen being buried up to the logo (next to the arm at the 1:05 mark of the video). Understand that there is no way this can happen with how the effect is explained, made and accomplished.

*Thanks for all the honest posts, guys. There seems to be a near-consensous that this is over priced, and many feel like the advertising is misleading.

*Ok I feel cheated! I just bought pen thru arm and magicap. While they are both decent effects. The demo for Pen thru Arm was completely misleading.

*Just to reiterate PTA is a good effect that was totally misrepresented in the demo.

*I actually find the video demo of PTA VERY misleading and I am a bit disapointed that I purchased this effect.

*Pen Thru Arm is my WORST purchase of last year.

Skitch, I then started reading the "Top Ten Tricks You Want to Throw Out The Window" thread. I stopped at Page 6 (out of 13), but by then had found:

*Pen Thru Arm - Jesse Feinberg

*Pen Through Arm

*My problem with Pen Thru Arm is not so much with the actaul trick, which can be effective if it fits into your style. No, my problem is with the hugely misl;eading demo video.

*I just throw "Pen Thru Arm" to the oven. I bought it because the mislead video demo on Hank Lee.

*Pen thru arm - misleading video, I do not recommend buying something from Jesse Feinberg again; hate being misled on a purchase that much again and all the self promotion that went on via this forum.

*Pen Thru Arm - Jesse Feinberg.........SO BAD..the video demo is misleading !

*You mention about " PEN THRU ARM " I must chime in. The frist day I received it I said to myself what is THIS for the price nearly $40 !! My God.

*Pen thru Arm is not very good. It's exactly what I hoped it wouldn't be.
You are so right. PTA was very misleading. There is no way you can do the effect and then stick the thing back in and hand it out.

*Pen thru arm is pure garbage. I wasted over 20 bucks for this.

*You can add me to the list of pen-thru-arm haters. No matter what you say Jesse the demo was misleading.

Like I said, I stopped reading at Page 6, and the thread is 13 pages long.

My point here is NOT to debase PTA or Jesse at all; I bought PTA and found it okay. Didn't have strong feelings about it one way or the other, but I agreed that the demo was misleading. Jesse gave me some good information in a private message when I (as well as many other people) had trouble with an element of the handling.

My point is to address your protestations that PTA's detractors don't know what they're talking about, that 99% of the people who bought PTA loved it, that nobody's been accusing Jesse of misleading demos. Well, I'm not sure what possible basis you have for making that statement unless it's just blind adoration. But the threads themselves don't bear out your proclamations.

--Josh
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Jesse:

I like the way the video looks.
When will they be in stock at HLs?
I'd like to pop in and see it demoed.

Tony
rplanet
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of rplanet
What's up with this?
Is it coming out or not?
Thinking is the best way to travel!
Jesse Feinberg
View Profile
Inner circle
www.jessesmagic.com
1074 Posts

Here's the link to the "Write Angle" demo video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmz3dums3wc

This will be out at the beginning of 07', I don't want to rush the production. It will be available at Hank Lee's as well as a few other retailers (TBA). You guys are going to LOVE this one! I also have ANOTHER new effect coming out before the end of this year called "Coin Thru Box". Check it out here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQ2J8jIYGVQ
rplanet
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of rplanet
The coin thru box will be good if the spectator can examine the box immediately after the trick with no switch (which I find hard to imagine).
Otherwise they will think exactly what I thought the first time I saw it.
It looks like what is happening, is exactly what is happening!
I think most of you know what I mean.
Just an opinion of course...I'm sure in the right hands it could look miraculous!
Thinking is the best way to travel!
Steve Hook
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC, USA
1266 Posts

Profile of Steve Hook
The vid states: "Everything can be examined!"
Like Bonnie Raitt said, "I miss Little Feat more than I miss being 8 years old." Thanks for the concerts + recordings, Lowell, Richie, and Paul!
APC
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1213 Posts

Profile of APC
Well looks like you're on a roll. I should stop by soon and check this stuff out! If you ever need a reviewer...im here for ya Smile As long as I get free effects! JK. Can't wait to see this stuff and write angle is such a fun concept that most should enjoy.
Jeff J.
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
787 Posts

Profile of Jeff J.
I just saw the demo. The pen starts to move slowly and then at one point "jumps" to its final position, almost like 2 magnets jumping toward each other (just an ****ogy). That makes it look very gimmicky. Is there a way to make the bend look smooth all the way to the end? THAT would be impressive!

Thanks,

Jeff
APC
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1213 Posts

Profile of APC
The gimmick takes time to get used to, after 20 minutes of working with it I had it looking decent, but nothing like Jesse. If you take the time, you can improve it.
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3226 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Quote:
On 2006-12-18 17:00, Steve Hook wrote:
The vid states: "Everything can be examined!"

C'mon steve...this is ad type. This could mean examined before and after....this, "Everything can be examined!", is a broad statement. You know that, this is a magic trick Smile
Jeff J.
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
787 Posts

Profile of Jeff J.
OK, why on Earth was the word "****OGY" changed to "****OGY" on my post above? Did that become a bad word and I missed it on the news? Apparently it's not offensive to USE ****ogies, as they left the magnet part of my ****ogy intact. (Is "intact" a bad word too?) I'm soooooo confused!

Jeff
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Check out this new video by JessesMagic (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL