The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Fireball anyone? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

canasta
View Profile
New user
From the ALPHA STATE
56 Posts

Profile of canasta
Hello all,

I've been trying to find a review for MagicSmith's "Fireball"...but have not been successful in my quest.
I pose this question: Has anyone purchased this effect?...AND, if so, would you recommend it (i.e. your likes/dislikes of the product).

Any help would be greatly appreciated....I'm just trying to avoid getting "burned" ( NO PUN INTENDED!!).
CAUTION: This Avatar and post MAY contain subliminal messages. Viewer discretion is advised.......
JohnCressman
View Profile
Special user
Allentown, PA
903 Posts

Profile of JohnCressman
I just purchased it and should get it any day now. I'll let you know how it is.
canasta
View Profile
New user
From the ALPHA STATE
56 Posts

Profile of canasta
Thank you much, Mr. Cressman....looking forward to it.
CAUTION: This Avatar and post MAY contain subliminal messages. Viewer discretion is advised.......
runawayjag
View Profile
Inner circle
1085 Posts

Profile of runawayjag
There was, and still may be, an item called Pyromaniac awhile back, which was a secret hand held device that used the same ignition system often used in model planes and was in a small black rectangular tube. The thing was almost "cigarette palmed," and pressing a small button caused the ignition system to glow and ignite the flash paper. Pyromaniac and Fireball are almost virtually the same. I have them both right here on my desk. Conceptually and mechanically they are exactly the same; the only difference is a minor, minor difference in length. If you want to light flash paper without a match, either item will do the job. Hope that helps.
wayno
View Profile
Veteran user
Canada
323 Posts

Profile of wayno
Quote:
Pyromaniac and Fireball are almost virtually the same. I have them both right here on my desk. Conceptually and mechanically they are exactly the same; the only difference is a minor, minor difference in length. If you want to light flash paper without a match, either item will do the job. Hope that helps.

Pyromaniac was discontinued as Chris Smith wanted to make an improvement on it. Size was a concern for all those who had the origional so I would assume that this is basically Pyromaniac revised.

How do you like it in comparison?

Sincerely,
Wayne Stevenson
The SpookClub
Wayne Stevenson
The SpookClub
http://www.spookclub.com
runawayjag
View Profile
Inner circle
1085 Posts

Profile of runawayjag
The difference between the two is negligible so neither is better than the other, in my opnion.
John Bowlin
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
827 Posts

Profile of John Bowlin
Is it practical for performance use? Could it be easily attached to a holdout?
canasta
View Profile
New user
From the ALPHA STATE
56 Posts

Profile of canasta
Thanks SO much,runawayjag!
maylor
View Profile
Loyal user
england
231 Posts

Profile of maylor
Does the 'ignitor' by Jim Pace ignite flash paper without a match. How does it compare to this Fireball thing?
baggins321
View Profile
Loyal user
United States
223 Posts

Profile of baggins321
I own fireball and it broke after I used it no more then a dozen times. very disappointing, I just sent magicsmith an email about it. runawayjag is exactly correct about what it is. it's too bulky in my opinion, I'd prefer something on a pull like inviso torch which I also have, but electronic instead of igniting so that it isn't noisy. fireball is a bit noisier then it should be, hitting the switch gives off a clicking noise. I think I may get the igniter instead, seems to be what I'm looking for.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Fireball anyone? (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL