The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Ummm....Heros? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2317 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
I recently moved, I have not seen the show for 3 weeks. Could someone fill me in on what happened after the episode with the Japanese guys cheating at poker?
Ellen Kotzin
View Profile
Loyal user
UPSTATE, NY
280 Posts

Profile of Ellen Kotzin
Brian--

In a nutshell---

Japanese guys go to diner, meet up with flying politician.
Freak girl's husband is one of them, kidnaps son (who has powers of fixing things).
Policeman finds out wife cheating with other police man--gets p-oed and knocks out--suspended
They find a guy with radioactive sickness, that gave cancer to his own wife...
Voila--him and the police mind reader have little marks on their neck, (from the same pod maybe??)
Anyway- cheerleader meets fake parents (dad sets up),
Indian man goes back to india for a funeral service.
That short haired girl is in with the bad-glasses guy (cheerleader's dad). Get's the druggie to draw for them...about the cheerleader ...a guy (???) is after HER. (Save the cheerleader save the world...)
Ok, then the Hiro and friend travel on to another restaurant diner.
They meet a girl (Smart girl waitress) who can memorize ANYTHING and learn once.
In the diner a guy in the shadows is shown, and smart girl gets killed.
Hiro is upset (why didn't he help) So he tries to go back in time to prevent her from going to work at the restaurant. Guy has dissappeared and is unknown.
TO BE CONTINUED...as I scream at the TV

:) Ellen

PS) I hope you understand my fast e-ramblings...
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2006-11-14 20:09, Blindside785 wrote:
It seems from the video preview for the next episode that they will start battling to save the cheerleader

What if you don't especially like the cheerleader? Then you sort of don't know who to root for.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2484 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Save teh cheerleader, save the world...

If you don't like the cheerleader, at least root for the world... please?
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4258 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Hah, well you don't have to like the cheerleader to save her. Just don't talk to her after you save her. Your saving the world....it's worth saving someone you don't like obviously Smile
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2006-11-20 18:16, Blindside785 wrote:
Hah, well you don't have to like the cheerleader to save her. Just don't talk to her after you save her. Your saving the world....it's worth saving someone you don't like obviously Smile

In the real world, I would agree with you. For a tv show, it may be more interesting to see them lose this particular battle and then see what happens from there. Oh well, we'll all learn what happens soon enough. Smile
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Okay, so from yesterday's episode it looks like the cheerleader has redeemed herself and is starting to act like a nicer person. Let her live. For now. Smile

Why didn't that absorbing fellow absorb Skylar's (sp) power, whatever it is? If he did that, he should have been able to fight Skylar on even terms, to a standstill. I didn't notice that happening, he seemed overpowered by Skylar from the start. But it was clever that he lived because of absorbing the cheerleader's power. I didn't see that coming.
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
I think maybe he DID absorb Skylar's power. They BOTH flew off the deck and landed hard, so maybe they were offsetting one another. They could have made it more obvious, though.

So is Skylar gone now? Or will he be the new 'willing slave' for the cheerleader's dad? That would make #4, along with 'do my will' girl, 'brain sucking' guy, and the junkie painter of the future.

I think it's obvious by now that atomic guy is the explosive threat to NYC. I could even see how that might come about if power-xerox boy and atomic guy got together - they might achieve critical mass! Smile
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2006-11-21 15:49, airship wrote:

'do my will' girl

Hot girl, people do what she says.

They could have thought up a more original "power". Smile
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2484 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Poor Peter got arrested.
I guess his brother will be flying out to Texas to help him.

But he did save the cheerleader, did he save the world?

Why does the cheerleader's Dad squad want a homocidal maniac on the team? Why not have him arrested, or better yet, have the mind blanker blank his mind?
Magic is like Science,
Ellen Kotzin
View Profile
Loyal user
UPSTATE, NY
280 Posts

Profile of Ellen Kotzin
I so predicted the show. I knew we wouldn't see Hiro till the end, and that the brother would have absorbed the girl's power when he died (howerver he died when we saw the photo).
BUT how did silar get away? Does he have reginerational powers???

Balducci! you are right about he should have gotten silar's power!!

Check out the ONLINE comics:

http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/novels/

Hiro's Blog!
http://blog.nbc.com/hiro_blog/

This is a fun show.

Ellen
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
So Hiro's blog hints that he MAY have created a 'rift', since all of his previous posts have mysteriously disappeared. Cool.

I hope they produce a printed version of the graphic novel when the season's over.

I need a timeline of the show and an org chart of all the characters, with mini-bios. Maybe I'll have to make one myself. Smile
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1527 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
You know I never read this particular topic, but I've been home for a week recovering from my 4th knee operation and came here because I've read just about everything else of interest on this *** site. Smile

Glad I have company being hooked on this show. For some reason, I just love this kind of sci-fi drama stuff.

Didn't even put it together till I read this thread that radiation guy is likely gonna be the one who blows up the world, maybe(sure makes sense now that I read it).

I think maybe the Dad may not end up being a bad guy after all. I know he is now, but I could see him ending up good.

This ought to be fun...
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4258 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
I wanna be a guitar herooooe!! bow bhowwww! (love that game)

Ok yeah sorry, Can't wait for tonight Smile
magicleland
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of magicleland
I watch it b/c of the chearleader. lol
zig zag illusion - $3,000
theater rental - $500
geting advice from othe magicians on the cafe - priceless
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2484 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
OK, so now we know the story on Syler. He cuts open the heads of those with powers and can take their powers from thier brains... Does he eat the brain? Absorb it though his skin? I thought his change from methodical friendly watch maker to homocidal psycho was rushed and not too believeable.

Did Hiro lose his power, or was it blocked because somehow he can not return to where he has already been? Obviously he has his power in the future, and learns to use it better. He didn't miss by 6 months when he came to warn Peter; he hit the time and place on the nose.

We did not learn how Cheerleader's dad got a hold of the mind eraser fellow, and I don't understnad why he is ammasing an army of mutants just to get Claire off the hook with the doctor. (Remember he has Sylar in his group now)

Really cool show, with lots more questions!
Magic is like Science,
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
The teasers for the show always promise that "questions will finally be answered." ..And every dang week, it seems that more questions present themselves than answers revealed.

It's FRUSTRATING! But I guess that's what makes me rush home to position myself squarely in front of the television by 9:00 PM on Monday nights!

Lyndel
rorythegreat
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle, WA
393 Posts

Profile of rorythegreat
Hiro stated that he failed because he can't drastically change the past. I assume that is why he came to Peter to save the cheerleader because he wouldn't be able to do it himself. As for Syler he said that the reason why people have their powers is due to a malfunction in the brain similar to a broken watch. I think that he cuts open the brain to see what exactly is different so that he can change it within himself. Anyone else have any input?
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4258 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Wow tonights heroes was awesome! I knew that the bomb was "someone", I thought it was cool Smile It hinted a little in one of the interviews , a guy says *it'll be interesting to see what shape or form the bomb takes*.

The dinosaur vs Hiro thing is gonna be exciting Smile
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
Perhaps Hiro goes back in time where he encounters the dinosaur (or dragon) or what ever it was. Be interesting to see how they work that in...

It's good to see the painter starting to be able to use his powers while clean.

Syler is one scary dude ain't he?

Lyndel
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Ummm....Heros? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL