The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Thread from eye (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

marky707
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of marky707
Does anyone know where I can find the effect where the thread comes out of the corner of your eye.
Glogal
View Profile
Regular user
Hollywood, California
155 Posts

Profile of Glogal
Marky707,
Where did you see it?
Gigi
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Probably Swami Mantra.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Virungan
View Profile
Inner circle
Here and There
1156 Posts

Profile of Virungan
He probably saw Blaine doing it, I think he used it once on TV. As far as I know this is more of stunt than an effect, I've seen street performers do this in India a lot, by l**ding a balled thread under the lower eyelid. There's no actual sleights involved other than sw*tch with the balled thread you swallow.

Needs practice and a pain threshold though!
Smile When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth...Smile
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Angel, and Houchin do this effect.
Josho
View Profile
Special user
Albany, New York
758 Posts

Profile of Josho
I believe the Swami/Mantra effect is actually small glass shards from the eye (shudder), rather than thread. But I'll take a look.

--Josh
Virungan
View Profile
Inner circle
Here and There
1156 Posts

Profile of Virungan
If memory serves me correct David Blaine also once did it with a gemstone from a borrowed ring...
Smile When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth...Smile
runawayjag
View Profile
Inner circle
1085 Posts

Profile of runawayjag
Reminds me of George Weisenhal's (I may have spelled his last name incorrectly,) GREAT stunt where you saw a splinter in your hand and asked a spectator to help pull it out. It ends up being 10" long! Also, S.S. Adams used to have an old gag where someone would see a loose thread on your lapel and pull it off for you. It grew to about 3 feet long. Both looked great. The splinter is probably more similar to the eye bit since it has an "EEEWWWW!" factor, too.
Jesse Feinberg
View Profile
Inner circle
www.jessesmagic.com
1074 Posts

Profile of Jesse Feinberg
I think David Blaine uses a robotic head, and then does a switch for his real head after some misdirection...
D J Hawkins
View Profile
Veteran user
Reading, UK
351 Posts

Profile of D J Hawkins
So how does the effect where a thread apparently come out of your skin (like a splinter) work. I've also seen this as a thread coming out of some kind of wound on a persons stomach. It looks so convincing I'm sure it can't be faked - do you have to load a ball of thread into a cut in the skin then let it heal up before you do the effect ????
David Hawkins

djhawkins2014@gmail.com
Virungan
View Profile
Inner circle
Here and There
1156 Posts

Profile of Virungan
No that's an effect... think SAW and you're heading in the right direction. There's also a thread out of the navel idea which can be done with a spot of something special... though you need the right kind of navel.. If you have the sticky-out version you're out of luck...

Doctors delivering future magicians note, tie the knot properly..
runawayjag
View Profile
Inner circle
1085 Posts

Profile of runawayjag
The Weisenhal trick is not a thread; it is a splinter. It used to sell for one dollar! I put one on eBay sometime ago and it ran up to $50.00, so magicians perhaps don't remember it. It was very common. One of those old "envelope" tricks. But, it really does look good since the spectator himself (or herself,) pull the splinter out! And, as a clue, yes, it is one of those, as Marlo used to call them, "Ouch Tricks".
Spydur
View Profile
Special user
PDX, now San Diego...back to PDX
966 Posts

Profile of Spydur
It has already been said, but seeing as people are still asking...check out Swami Mantra. It is an amazing collection of these fakir magic effects. I do believe that you have to be 18 or oder to purchase the book this is just due to the nature of the material.

Enjoi

C
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Runaway is the Splinter effect still avaliable ? sounds interesting .
Tops
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On 2006-10-28 21:36, Spydur wrote:
It has already been said, but seeing as people are still asking...check out Swami Mantra. It is an amazing collection of these fakir magic effects. I do believe that you have to be 18 or oder to purchase the book this is just due to the nature of the material.

Enjoi

C

18? Hope I can wait another year.

Candini
tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1238 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
If you get your hands on Swami Mantra look for the effect titled "Brahmo Thread Mystery" and you will have your answer for string from stomach. As for the string from eye........think of the obvious and then experiment but be very, very careful.
Brian-
"That smart thing that somebody else said".
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Thread from eye (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL