The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Best Fabric Choice for Sub Trunk Curtain (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magikev
View Profile
New user
California
18 Posts

Profile of magikev
I have seen a few similar topics, but have not really found the answer I'm searching for. As far as being opaque, falling nicely, looking good on stage, not wrinkling, etc. . . what is the absolute best type of fabric to use when making a curtain for the sub trunk?
styck13
View Profile
Regular user
165 Posts

Profile of styck13
I'm not sure what the fabric is called but my son has a lightweight "shiney" type fabric with some sort of "alagator or snake skin" print on it. It has kind of a vinyl look to it but it's much too light for that. (It looks like something that someone could make a pair of snake skin pants out of...not that I'd ever do that..hahahahahah) Since he's only 10, Weight was an issue for us. So we were searching for that as well.

We went thru the fabric store holding everything that we liked up to the floresent lights to see if we could see thru it. I wasn't even sure what Money ball park that I was shopping in but I think we ended up with a pretty good purchase.

At the end of the night we fold it up around the poles (that he uses to hold on to) and throw it in the box. It doesn't hold wrinkles too bad. But we've not put it into a bad WRINKLE situation yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHEUZUnT6Xk I have posted this before but I just wanted to kind of clarify what I was talking about. He uses it for the mail bag escape as well.
Seeker
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
578 Posts

Profile of Seeker
I am going to suggest Mole Skin. Satin Backed Mole Skin. (Black)
I've been training these cards since they were small.
fredmoore
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of fredmoore
I would us any type of polyester. The curtain will get wrinkled when you use it. Also the lighter weight the material the easier it will be to hold the curtain up.

Be aware of your lighting too, if the material is too thin and you have light behind you....

Then it's not entertainment, but education!
www.moorefred.com

"Find A Job You Love And You
Add 5 Days To Your Week!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Best Fabric Choice for Sub Trunk Curtain (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL