The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Modified Magic Coloring Book (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

thecardtrick
View Profile
New user
Northern NJ
72 Posts

Profile of thecardtrick
There have been some posts about this before, but it might be nice to start a fesh topic just for this.

Some ideas:

Make a secret diary. Show your already written pages, then write your own during the show with a thick black marker. Then show how you can protect it, so no one can read the pages. Very Harry Potter-esque, and could also be used easily in a comedy routine, writing about the funny things you did today, or perhaps poke some friendly fun at the audience or the place you're visiting.

Make a "confessional" book. Ask audiences to share some secrets that they want to get off their chests. Write them down. Again this could be done comically, or in a serious and even touching way. Then show how we can clear our minds of these things.

Make a magic book with your magic secrets. Keep this handy for the inevitable "How did you do that?"
"Well, the secrets are in this special book, but in order to see them ..."

You could even do this with the coloring book you already have. Write out cryptic words and diagrams on the blank pages, then show those to the audience when they ask how something is done. Then show how you protect them. Explain that that's why so many magicians have them. Clowns have them, too, but they haven't figured out how to unlock the secret instructions, because, well....

You could even hand it to a specatator to flip through. Whichever way they flip through, show that way to the rest of audience. Then explain that that's how it is when it is protected (or isn't, depending on how they flip it). Then demonstrate how it works when it is or isn't protected.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
How are you doing at making flip books?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
thecardtrick
View Profile
New user
Northern NJ
72 Posts

Profile of thecardtrick
Quote:
On 2006-10-27 23:47, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
How are you doing at making flip books?

I have not tried, really, and probably won't any time in the immediate future. I think I would do quite well, though.

I was just hoping some people might be interested in these presentation ideas that popped into my head -- regardless of how silly, ridiculous, preposterous, or mundane they might be.

Cheers,
thecardtrick
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Ideas good.

Template for making the thing... BETTER.

Currently fussing over pages cut from a Genii Magazine to make a "magic" magic magazine. Smile
thecardtrick
View Profile
New user
Northern NJ
72 Posts

Profile of thecardtrick
Sounds pretty cool. If I get a chance to work on a template this weekend I will surely share the results.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Thanks, going from magazines to properly cut pages still eludes me.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Modified Magic Coloring Book (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL