The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Halloween Performance Experiences (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Utah Showmen
View Profile
Regular user
Utah Showman
135 Posts

Profile of Utah Showmen
I've been hearing from some folks about their Halloween performance
experiences.

Some have been performers others have been in the audience.

I'm sure we have all had those freaky experiences. I'd like to hear about some of the things that have happened to you?

A few years back, we had this setup with a guy in a gorilla suit. One
of the folks in the audience was spooked by his movement and picked up a
rock and cold-cocked the poor fellow.

He was OK, but I had to find a new gorilla for the show.

Thanks
John
Sideshow World
John Robinson
Sideshow World
Preserving the Past....Promoting the Future of the Sideshow

Step Right Up It's always Alive on the Inside of Sideshow World

So Go In Now!
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1076 Posts

Profile of reese
Well Utah,

I don't have nothin' as entertaining as yours.

the only thing that comes to mind is doing an intimate seance with @ 10 folks. I hit a moment of dead time and improvised cover by asking " Has anyone ever met a ghost?"

A young lady proceeded to tell the most sincere and horrifying story of having her friend's dead brother appear. It was terrifying and heartbreaking, all at the same time. It was the tale told and more so... it was the sincere way it was told. It had emotional impact. Gut-wrenching.

I was left with doing (what felt like) stupid tricks.

And so...

I've bumped this up because I KNOW y'all have some stories to share. I would love to hear them.

Share 'em if you can.

Tim
carnevilcircus
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of carnevilcircus
Had a costume mishap hehehe, my kilt unraveled as I was doing my pierced liftings... that poor kid in the front row will never be the same .
also a few years back I was doing some blockhead with a screwdriver and got too close to the crowd and BAM punched right in the face.
year before that there was a gangfight under the bridge I was peforming at.
last but not least the most evil vile and just down bad thing I've ever had happen to me on Halloween was last year when I got married ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww ahhhhhhhhh
k that's all I got.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11160 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
One very scarring experience had to be this Halloween when the freak standing next to me had a wardrobe malfunction when his kilt fell apart. (deep shudder!)
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Henry_Ringmaster
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Henry_Ringmaster
My Halloween experience was performing a show especially for MVD only to have it disallowed due to harmful content. It was viewed that the effect was not suitable for kids as they may emulate the act. This is why you will never see an act of this type on MVD. But if you are interested here is a link to the video on youtube.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1IbycLXMSmg

Regards Henry.
FacadeTheStiltBoy
View Profile
Elite user
Greensboro NC
474 Posts

Profile of FacadeTheStiltBoy
Just visits to the ER, a bed of swords accident about 2 years back, and this year learning the hard way on what my limit is on fire breathing. (absorbed enough fuel into my system to freak out Liz and she called the poision control)

Nice video Henry, there is a guy in Lincoln that wanted to sell me the routine and I didn't wind up buying it for some reason. Great stuff though.
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
Where can I find this trick?

or can I make it?

Brett.
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of NippleKing
That's a nice touch on the trick, Henry. I like the fake hand gag. It makes me wonder how that would look in a non-puppet format...maybe with a bit of fake blood!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Halloween Performance Experiences (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL