The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » 3rd Phase for Reality Twister (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2888 Posts

Profile of dpe666
Here is a 3rd phase that I came up with for Paul Harris' Reality Twister. Have the spectator place their first finger perpindicularly over the pen. Place the Twister directly on top of their finger. Pull the Twister up, and their finger disappears! This creeps 'em out more than the marketed effect! Try it. I have performed this routine for many LAY people over the last couple of days, and it KILLS! Forget the fact that it is VERY Tenyo-ish. GET THIS NOW! Smile
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5703 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Your thought led me to this adaptation:

Put your participant's finger on the pen before showing the twist phase. Make their finger disappear. Have them remove their finger. You are now in position to do the twist portion.

One subtlety in the vanish of pen or finger is to move the lens along the length of the vanished object. It gives an eerie effect to those participating.

Tom
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2888 Posts

Profile of dpe666
GREAT idea Tom!!! That is a keeper! Thanx for sharing! Smile
hackmonkey
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1092 Posts

Profile of hackmonkey
I also had this idea, but I find the fingernail blurs too much. Also it looks better if someone with a tan or darker skin puts their finger on the hand of someone with lighter skin. The contrast creates a better illusion.
Look behind you...on your left...thats the real world.

http://www.instagram.com/JoePiperMagic
thiago
View Profile
Regular user
Brazil
179 Posts

Profile of thiago
These ideas sound better then the marketed effect, I just bought one of these 2 days ago, will post some ideas when it arrives!
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2952 Posts

Profile of niva
I just received the Reality Twister yesterday, and I must say it is wonderful. I am all the time experimenting with it and I am coming up with cool ideas.

Another tip. The further away this is looked at, the better it looks. And I tried it on my sister, who has long, thin fingers, and even I was amazed with what I saw.

Ivan Smile Smile
Yours,

Ivan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » 3rd Phase for Reality Twister (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL