The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin Production (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

KyleHarnish
View Profile
New user
Southern California
51 Posts

Profile of KyleHarnish
Does any body know a good technique for showing your hands empty, then reach into the air and pull out a coin(s).

Smile
S.Segal
View Profile
Special user
San Diego
949 Posts

Profile of S.Segal
A good technique would be Downs Palm. The first time i saw it was on an old Vernon tape. Bruce Cervon did Vernon's Coins and Silk. It was amazing. There is also a technique described on Garrett Thomas' "Any Questions?" video called the "Web Grip". Another similar production taught recently was the "Mutobe Palm". I dont know but i think this was on Palms of Steel Vol. 2.
Gaft Card Magic Available here!
JC Wagner In Full Metal Jacket here!
simply Sydney DVD here!
CSStanton
View Profile
Loyal user
Suttons Bay, MI
228 Posts

Profile of CSStanton
Yep - Mutobe Palm is on Palms of Steel 2 from Curtis Kam. GREAT DVD! I loved the material. And the palm is completly new to me,
Cheers
-Casey
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I haven't received my "Palms of Steel II" yet. But I know Jeff McBride teaches the Downs Palm on Volume 1 of "World Class Manipulation." Back Palming will be the most helpful. Jeff McBride teaches it on his Volume 3. But the coins must be thin. Norm Neilsen will work well. Good luck.
Full Effect
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
257 Posts

Profile of Full Effect
Jay Sankey has plenty of 4 coin productions from suposedly 2 empty hands on his Revelutionary Coin Magic of Jay Sankey
"Running water never becomes stale, so keep flowing" - Immortal Dragon Bruce Lee
BenSchwartz
View Profile
Elite user
Southern California
499 Posts

Profile of BenSchwartz
Kyle... another good thing I have shown you is the ramsay subletly where the coin is in finger.. and backclip
"The experience of astonishment is the experience of a clear, primal state of mind that they associate with a child's state of mind." ---- Paul Harris
JoshBlum
View Profile
New user
California
47 Posts

Profile of JoshBlum
I would have to go with Ben, just use a backclip.
Tony
View Profile
Veteran user
Los Angeles
303 Posts

Profile of Tony
In the Fists of Fury DVD, Curits Kam produces a coin out of thin air.

The backclip is good although not totally angle-proof. Aside from the downs palm, there's the old classic palm, thumb palm, old-style thumb palm (I found this in Fists of Fury), finger palm, edge grip (Dr. Rubinstein used it in his purse spellbound routine in his Knockout coin magic dvd & video), hand washing techniques, flying shuttle.....
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Kyle,

Routine construction is usually more effective that pure sleight of hand.

In this case, you might want to see if the way you show your hands might allow you to secretly obtain the coin.

Some take their cue from Downs, and get set up in the process of pushing up their sleeves. Downs himself took this to the next level by detaching the bottom of his sleeves so he would be bare armed from wrist almost to elbow. As a side note, you might like to know that this was considered risque back then and got a reaction from the ladies in the audience.

Have you considered using a hoo coin and putting it somewhere at some time and retrieving it later when you need it?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
KyleHarnish
View Profile
New user
Southern California
51 Posts

Profile of KyleHarnish
Thanks for your help
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin Production (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL