The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Indecent by Wayne Houchin (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Virungan
View Profile
Inner circle
Here and There
1156 Posts

Profile of Virungan
This is not being released till October 31st (apparently) yet You-Tube is riddled with performances of it - admittedly mostly being done badly by 12 year olds, but hey what more would you expect on You Tube?

But it seems a lot of people are getting their hands on it (or doing a lot of reverse engineering?)

Anybody out there had an early look, and if so let's hear some reviews...?
Smile When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth...Smile
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1613 Posts

Profile of bugjack
I'll be curious to hear the reviews on this trick. It's not for me -- I can think of other card-to-impossible-places I'd do before this -- but I'm curious to hear how its received because I think many people, myself included, have assumed that we've figured it out from Wayne's demo (not the Elllusionist teaser) that has been floating around on the web for a long time. I'm wondering if there's more to it or if all of our suppositions are wrong (which I hope they are, actually, as I'd love it if you the trick had a different method than the one I assume it has).
fvdbeek
View Profile
Elite user
490 Posts

Profile of fvdbeek
Whatever you think of it, those kids must be pretty smart.

Frans
markparker
View Profile
Veteran user
Singapore
350 Posts

Profile of markparker
Its a fabulous effect that I shall be ordering when its released. I have purchased Wayne's other released impromptu effects and have been more than happy with them. Working out another performers methods is fine if its just a fun personal test...but these guys seem to just take and run without thinking about its originator

Yes its a shame that its been ***d around all over the place before its official release..I doubt most of those guys posting up their you-tube bedroom videos would be doing it had they not seen the original trailer on Wayne's site.

Credit to Wayne for creating another impromptu piece of strong magic.
http://www.illusion-designer.com - Bespoke Illusion design - Publications -Show consultancy....Vivify a collection of stage illusions limited edition of 500 copies available now.
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
Wandering around with
2171 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Quote:
On 2006-10-29 13:40, bugjack wrote:
I'll be curious to hear the reviews on this trick. It's not for me -- I can think of other card-to-impossible-places I'd do before this -- but I'm curious to hear how its received because I think many people, myself included, have assumed that we've figured it out from Wayne's demo (not the Elllusionist teaser) that has been floating around on the web for a long time. I'm wondering if there's more to it or if all of our suppositions are wrong (which I hope they are, actually, as I'd love it if you the trick had a different method than the one I assume it has).

Trick is not for me either.....but Wayne does some impressive stuff. I look forward to supporting him on his other creations.
Pay it forward
Virungan
View Profile
Inner circle
Here and There
1156 Posts

Profile of Virungan
For magic, You-Tube is a double edged sword- an easy way to post and publicize a performance, but way too many of them are just SO bad it's painful, so much of it seems to be a kid who orders TWISTED SISTERS online, practices it for 3 minutes then posts himself murdering an Elmsley.

An even greater concern I guess is the amount of exposure and "teaching" videos, or even directly ripped off instructional videos from magic sites.

I guess this post should be in an ethics forum...
Smile When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth...Smile
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6899 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Oh, good lord, I saw that a kid is posting a whole bunch of (bad) "teaching" videos on YouTube. Yikes. Why, oh, why?

Anyway, back to Indecent. The effect is very nice. I have never purchased anything from Ellusionist, but I might get this.
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1388 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
I suspect that the guys who say that this is not their kind of trick will try hard to know how it's done...
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
It looked pretty good to me.
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
I like this one. I know other "impoosiable methods" such as to pocket, or under box. but this has a different feel to it. part impossiable location, part penitration and other things if you see what I mean
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Btw. ill prolly get the download... so ill post some initial thoughts tomarrow night if possiable
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26941 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2006-10-30 15:54, Joshua Barrett wrote:
Btw. ill prolly get the download... so ill post some initial thoughts tomarrow night if possiable

cool, is this the card into sandwich bag thing?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
Wandering around with
2171 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Quote:
On 2006-10-30 14:59, RIVARDJLR wrote:
I suspect that the guys who say that this is not their kind of trick will try hard to know how it's done...

No,will not try to hard. If I want to know, I could buy just it. OR Speculate here on the Café', to only be told...."buy it". Smile Since it is not my type of trick (ziplock bag is an odd prop for me), I would be wasting my $$.
Pay it forward
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1613 Posts

Profile of bugjack
Me too -- pulling out a ziplock bag just isn't something I see myself doing. And, like I said, I believe I do know how it's done and I still won't be trying it out.
jynx
View Profile
Loyal user
Pueblo, Colorado
242 Posts

Profile of jynx
If this can be done with a borrowed ziplock bag, I can see it working well. Imagine doing it at work while in the lunch room. You borrow the ziplock that someone just took their sandwich out of. Sounds good to me. I will buy it to support Wayne....
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7292 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Jynx
That is what I was thinking about.
jynx
View Profile
Loyal user
Pueblo, Colorado
242 Posts

Profile of jynx
You were thinking of eating a sandwich?? Smile
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7292 Posts

Profile of paisa23
LOL funny guy, Borrowed Bag.
sleightofhand1
View Profile
Elite user
443 Posts

Profile of sleightofhand1
This trick is in the bag.
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Iv carried stranger props, woudl not bother me any lol
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Indecent by Wayne Houchin (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL