The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Submitted for your aproval » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
MCM
View Profile
Elite user
Minnesota
456 Posts

Profile of MCM
http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=magicwan1

Proof that just because you have the boxes, that doesn't make you a grand illusionist.

Be warned some of this stuff is kind of bad.
Chris Stolz
View Profile
Inner circle
Mississauga, Ontario
1958 Posts

Profile of Chris Stolz
The fact that he can pull off"abracababra" is absolutely awesome Smile
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Astonishing - CARPENTRY with MIMMO
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1850 Posts

Profile of Christopher Starr
I am humbled to be able to bear witness to one of magic's rising new stars....

My eyes welled up as I watched the masterful performance of the world's largest sword box, artfully presented to the classic arrangement of the theme from Battlestar Galactica. The cage production finale was the icing on a fantastic cake.

Bravo! Magic has a new name.....MIMMO!
makeupguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1411 Posts

Profile of makeupguy
Mimmo is my hero.. I've watched all his tricks.. and he brought tears to my eyes each and every time..

I wouldn't even hire him to do amusment park shows..
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
Honestly, I watched only a few of his videos....

Each one was filmed in different locations, and judging by his props (not cheap), he seems to be a working magician... Not the best performer, but look at his surroundings he has to deal with not the best stagging conditions.... I think he is using the wrong type of routines and tricks for the kids,,, I have seen better and worse….
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1725 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
I...
Urm...
Someone should get him on the Café to help him with his presentation.

Really...

He has a lot invested in his act, so he obviously has a lot of passion for his art. I at least have to respect that. He just needs help with development of his character. He's depending too much on the illusion to carry the show, and there is nothing spectacular enough to do that without his own personal hook.
Anyone want to message him on Youtube or should I?
Gwyd
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2742 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
Definately not the worst I've seen, but definately better than others. Besides the stage lighting, the biggest criticizism I have is the size of the props. They are too big for the performers.

Also consider he is probably from a different culture than North America. So cool might be a little different.

A little work with a choreoghrapher and a lighting/production desinger would do him some good.
mvmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Has written
1322 Posts

Profile of mvmagic
Well, like pointed out he IS working. But the size of those steps...man you could park a CAR inside...
Sent from my Typewriter
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
The shadow box started off okay,,, But he lost the entire concept of the shadow box,,, To me it is so nice to watch the shadows merge mystically......
Harry H
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of Harry H
Just watched sub trunk illusion!! Deary me,the assistant looks behind to see if its safe to drop the cloth!! What a giveaway... Imnot even sure MIMO is for real,but reading ocmments I guess he must be.
magicross
View Profile
New user
Staffordshire England
76 Posts

Profile of magicross
Well it scared the heck out of me
I need a drink
Ross
Stafforshire UK

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=521027722
(feel free to add me)
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1850 Posts

Profile of Christopher Starr
Quote:
On 2006-10-30 18:22, Harry H wrote:
Just watched sub trunk illusion!! Deary me,the assistant looks behind to see if its safe to drop the cloth!! What a giveaway... Imnot even sure MIMO is for real,but reading ocmments I guess he must be.

Ok.....if you liked that tip, watch the male assistant in the Sawing illusion as he looks down and bends forward to exchange the feet. Ouch! Also, I loved the visual disparity between the two boxed halves - the forward section which has the top half of the girl is visibly longer than the bottom half, and if that were not enough, they are not flush when joined together.

.......OOOoooo make it stop....please! Smile
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
GET your blind fold here

GET YOUR BLIND FOLD HERE for 5 bucks

and watch the amazing MIMO on youtube......
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1982 Posts

Profile of The Mac
Yup its easy to be a critic. Why not be constructive? Remember people aren't bad performers because they want to be. Would you mock someone with a limp? Put up your performance video n lets see how perfect you are
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2234 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
I know this person. He loves magic so much. Most of the illusions he built himself. I know he filmed some of them in his own makeshift studio. I haven't heard of him performing these illusions. I presume he just wants to have illusions and built them to the best of his knowledge.
Why do you guys need to make fun out of him?
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2742 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
Well some of us did provide some constructive critism while others did not.

Lou, why don't you invite him here, or pass some of the constructive critism towards him.
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1982 Posts

Profile of The Mac
"magicians helping magicians."
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
Quote:
On 2006-10-30 20:23, macGyver(south Africa) wrote:
Put up your performance video n lets see how perfect you are

I believe many of us have our performance videos up on our websites......
And I think many of us has been bashed and took the bashing and grew as performers...... Just my thought....
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1725 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
And we were bashed knowingly (At least on the Café)...So had the chance to grow from it. Bashing someone who doesn't know they are being trashed without something constructive coming out of it is pointless. They can't grow if they don't actually know about it.

And really, there is something to be learned from his videos. Simple mistakes or tweaks that if pointed out to him or any performer really could help an act.

1- The size of the illuision. The stairs were very large, or appeared to be very large. What could have been done to make them smaller or appear smaller.
2- Conspicuous tells- Looking down or behind to make sure that everything is as it should be. Obviously needed a little more practice or some other way to tell if things were in order without looking.

These are points taken from the above posts, and now someone could actually learn from them.

I am all about critiquing an act, it is how artists of any kind grow. Straight up bashing, not so much.

Let's face it- The Guy Loves what he does and he makes his own props. A lot of the folks on here could never do that. So his presentation needs a bit of work. Does anyone here think that their presentation is perfect? I really really hope not.
Cause it isn't.

And if anyone here wants to bash my videos, feel free.

Just tell me about it so I can grow from the experience.
Gwyd
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Submitted for your aproval » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL