The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » From Soup to Nuts » » Diamond's magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Glenn Watson
View Profile
Special user
781 Posts

Profile of Glenn Watson
I just returned home from an extended work assignment in Northern Mass. I was pleased to find magic shop in Peabody Mass...the owner Eddie Gardner, a working magician, was friendly and helpful. Their shop is well stocked with tricks and DVDs. The DVDs I bought were priced lower than retail. I went there almost weekly. I will miss having a local shop that near.

Eddie has updated his web site, http://www.diamondsmagic.com/, I can recommend his site. He is helpful and honest. Glenn
rhinomax
View Profile
Regular user
188 Posts

Profile of rhinomax
As shops go Diamonds is tops in my book. Eddie Gardener is every magicians friend.
NEVER UNDER ESTIMATE THE POWER OF THE FEW TO CHANGE THE WORLD "THATS USUALY HOW IT WORKS" MARGRET MEAD
clmagic09
View Profile
New user
Boston
20 Posts

Profile of clmagic09
Does Diamonds have a large show room?
MagicSteve84
View Profile
Loyal user
290 Posts

Profile of MagicSteve84
I use to be an employee of Diamond's. They have a very large show room. Once you walk into the place you are greeted by the owner, Eddie, who is always there. There are 5 big glass cases packed to the brim with magic, 8 large bookcases stocked with DVD's, and equal amount of books and a lot of tricks. Take the ride. I assume since you are from Boston that you have been to Hank's; I would estimate that it is twice the size. All the items in his inventory are in his show room so you don't have to deal with shipping if you come, as oppose to Hank's were only a percentage of items are at the shop and a majority are in his stock warehouse in Medford.
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Always good to hear about nice B&M Shops-Not many around now!!!
magicupclose
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of magicupclose
Eddie & Marge do a great job, tons of dvds/videos/books as well as showcases of magic. You can go in & browse at your own pace & even be entertained by a skillful magician with more one liners than you will ever use. I am a satisfied customer, can you tell?
jondark445
View Profile
Special user
716 Posts

Profile of jondark445
Just moved to the area and I can't be happier with Eddie's place. He's kept me stopping by at least once a week since I've moved to Beverly, MA.

--Jon
marty.sasaki
View Profile
Inner circle
1117 Posts

Profile of marty.sasaki
Not trying to say anything about Paul Diamond, but Diamond's Magic is not Paul Diamond. I was talking to Eddie recently and he still gets people who associate Diamond's Magic with Paul Diamond.

Years ago Eddie bought the business from Paul (name, mailing list, and magic stock) and opened his shop in Peabody MA. The business is all his. Any issues and reputation due to Paul should be set aside when evaluating Eddie.

I think that Eddie does a great job. If you are in the Boston area, visit him. If you aren't in the area, give him a call or check out his website.
Marty Sasaki
Arlington, Massachusetts, USA

Standard disclaimer: I'm just a hobbyist who enjoys occasionally mystifying friends and family, so my opinions should be viewed with this in mind.
viris
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of viris
A very nice person to do business with. My son and I try to get up there once a week.

,Kenny
punx469
View Profile
New user
New England
46 Posts

Profile of punx469
I was just in Diamonds for the first time last Friday, and it will not be my last. Eddie and his wife were not only friendly, but knowledgeable, Funny, and kind. They answered all questions no matter how trivial, took time to show the illusions, and perform the tricks I asked about, offered advice and other tricks to look in to and did it all with out coming across as push or trying to sell you every trick there. It was like going to a friends house not a store, and being treated like a guest not a customer. I will be back often and I any one in the area should check it out.
PAUL K
View Profile
Special user
Massachusetts
547 Posts

Profile of PAUL K
Diamonds is great!

The best magic shop I ever went to.Eddie will help you out with anything.

http://www.diamondsmagic.com
David P
View Profile
New user
Boston via Michigan
82 Posts

Profile of David P
I think we are lucky to have Diamonds. I sneak away frequently to Diamonds on a long lunch break. Eddie will actually show you the effects - with enthusiasm. He is a great punster, so come armed.
David P
magic mccurry
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of magic mccurry
Thanks for the good recommendation. I will plan to visit Diamonds and look online.
jazzy snazzy
View Profile
Inner circle
run off by a mob of Villagers wielding
2109 Posts

Profile of jazzy snazzy
Nice folks and good mail order service. Just a tad too far for me to visit, but that's a good thing. I'd probably be there all the time if it was closer.
"The secret of life is to look good from a distance."
-Charles Schulz
rpierce
View Profile
Inner circle
New Hampshire - USA
1220 Posts

Profile of rpierce
Eddie is my Go-To guy when I need something, you won't be disappointed
Marlowe
View Profile
Regular user
MA
162 Posts

Profile of Marlowe
Just back from my first visit to Diamond's..wowo..everything that was said here is true. Eddie and Marge are the nicest people you could ever hope to deal with. The stock is incredible with quite a few rare gems..Eddie was happy to demo and chat..I spent all day just looking through the books..no kidding. Can't wait to go back. XD
canaday
View Profile
Special user
Florida
742 Posts

Profile of canaday
Jazzy,
Knock off the whining and take a drive up Rt. 1. Diamond's is my all time favorite shop. When Mickey is in town, we will often go up on a Saturday and spend most of the day.
rmann
View Profile
New user
Milton VT and a forum newbie with only
96 Posts

Profile of rmann
This thread is an old one, but deserves to be brought up again.

I live in Vermont and am four to five hours away. My wife and I had to make a trip to Maine and then down to Massachusetts over the weekend and stopped in Eddie's shop for the first time Saturday morning. It is a GREAT place to visit. More DVD's and effects than I could take in at a glance. I asked for a particular effect; he brought out four different versions, explained the differences while performing the effect, shooting puns out all the while. It was great fun. Then I asked about another genre of magic I wanted to learn. He brought out what he considered to be the best instructional DVD (on Sponge Balls), along with the props and sold me the DVD, throwing in the props for free just because we came all the way from Vermont.

I will be making this a regular stop when we get down there again, which we do at least a couple times a year. If you get a chance stop in and buy something; keep this brick-and-mortar store open!

Ray
_

Pastor Ray Mann

Champlain Valley Church of the Nazarene

St. Albans, VT (USA)

"...to Him who alone does great wonders, His love endures forever." Ps 136:4
bostonzero
View Profile
Regular user
Boston, Ma
101 Posts

Profile of bostonzero
I have never spent less than 3 hours in Diamond's Magic. The first time I went there, I was 12 years old and my mother drove me. Now, 20 years later, I still go there at least once a month. When I was in the Air Force and stationed in Maryland, beside visiting my parents, my favorite part of coming back home was to go see what was new at Diamond's Magic.
Great magic, great (semi-hidden) location, great owner (and wife). It's a fantastic shop that has almost anything you could need in stock and if they don't Eddie or Margie will order it for you. They keep up with all the new products coming out and have more DVD's and Books than you could imagine!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » From Soup to Nuts » » Diamond's magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL