The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Andrew Mayne prop (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

negrette
View Profile
Regular user
Washington, DC
178 Posts

Profile of negrette
Hello all,

I'm curious if anyone can tell me where to purchase a hand that Andrew uses in some of his illusions. He says they're available at most magic shops, but I can't seem to find them locally. Perhaps an online link? I did come across an item called Handz-Up, but I'm not sure if this is the right sort of hand or not. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you very much.
Mallusionist definition of the Simple force: The cards are fanned and if the spectator tries to take the wrong card, the magician holds onto the deck really, really tight.
http://www.mallusionist.com
fallingblood
View Profile
New user
North Dakota
98 Posts

Profile of fallingblood
Penguin Magic has a promotion right now that you can get, what they call, Haunted Hands. I think you have to pay $60 to get them free as a promo, but you can buy them seperately too. I'm not sure how much they cost, but it's not much. And I think they would be what you are looking for. You also get two of them I beleive.
negrette
View Profile
Regular user
Washington, DC
178 Posts

Profile of negrette
Thank you very much. That is exactly what I'm looking for. And 2 hands is certainly better than one. Again, thank you.
Mallusionist definition of the Simple force: The cards are fanned and if the spectator tries to take the wrong card, the magician holds onto the deck really, really tight.
BRodgers
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of BRodgers
Negrette - I know you've already found something, but here is another very good gimmick.

I find it far superior to the Handz Up and seance gimmick hands. Its called the Yoshino Third Hand gimmick.

Each of the four fingers can be moved independently. Also features a large, strong-grip 'hook' which keeps the gimmick firmly attached.

And its less expensive! Here is the link:

http://www.hanklee.org/xcart/product.php......p;page=1
Creator of The Phantom Band 360
negrette
View Profile
Regular user
Washington, DC
178 Posts

Profile of negrette
Thank you very much. I have not yet purchased anything, so that does indeed sound good. I appreciate the info. Decisions decisions Smile
semo
View Profile
Loyal user
San Jose, CA
300 Posts

Profile of semo
Negrette,

I use the Handz Up for some of Andrew's illusions. The link is:

http://www.hottrix.com/html/HandzUp.shtml

It's a nice gimmick, but on the expensive side. It grips well if it is gripping something that is an inch or so thick, or you can glue a magnet inside to make is stick where you need it. Color has been an issue for me, but you can use makeup to color it correctly.

This gimmick is pliable and easily fits into your pocket as well, so you can pull it out whenever you need it.

Hope that helps.
Scott Emo, co-creator of Fenced In Illusion - There's nothing better than breaking free!

And creator of Sacred - The Child Conjuring Illusion - Because there is nothing more magical than the creation of a child.

Find them at: http://www.masterofillusions.ca/
MagicFingers
View Profile
Loyal user
Orlando, FL
230 Posts

Profile of MagicFingers
I have to agree with BRodgers - get the Yoshino Third Hand.
Julian Bond
Musician / Magician
fredmoore
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of fredmoore
I would get 2 hands and use them both on the gimmick.

This way you don't have to worry about the fake hand matching your real one!

Just trying to lend a hand!
www.moorefred.com

"Find A Job You Love And You
Add 5 Days To Your Week!"
Michael Berends
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
220 Posts

Profile of Michael Berends
I have to agree with BRodgers too.

The Yoshino Third Hand is great. I have 2 of them. While the gimmick is locked into position you can "wiggle" all the fingers independentaly. Just another subtle convincer.

Michael
www.michaelberends.com
"IMPOSSIBLE HAS JUST BECOME AN OPINION"
lozax
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of lozax
On the handzup page you can figure out what kind of gimmick they use (in fact they show you). Is it the same kind of gimmick in Yoshino Third Hand? in Haunted Hands?
BRodgers
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of BRodgers
Handz Up and the Yoshino gimmicks are both fake hands. What makes the yoshino better is that the fingers aren't all stuck together, then can be moved independentaly. It also has a "hook" that grips very well.

If you are deciding which is a better buy, and funtions better, then I say go with the Yoshino.
lozax
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of lozax
The French website (I am French) sells two fake hands for only 19,5 Euros. They seem to be the same that "crazy hands" but a lot cheaper. One of my friend ordered it and seems very happy. But the fingers are stuck together. What do you think. Compared to this the Yoshino seems a bit expensive even if you can move each finger seperatly!.
lozax
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of lozax
And by the way what is the hook the guy of Yoshino are talking about?
Majestic12
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
643 Posts

Profile of Majestic12
Instead of the fingers gripping on, the hook grips on.
lozax
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of lozax
I think I get it. On the "Handz Up" sometimes the grip is not that good (mostly in vertical position), you can prevent it with that hook, right?
Plus is the price for one or two hands? As I told before http://www.toursdemagie.com sells two hands for less than euros.
I still don't know if I should choose the cheap onses or the Yoshino that seems to be the best (but much more costly!).

Lozax
lozax
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of lozax
Can the public see the hook when the hand is not in use?
emanmagic5
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
614 Posts

Profile of emanmagic5
What illusions use fake hands?
BRodgers
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of BRodgers
Lozax - When used and performed correctly, the hook or grip on the hand cannot be seen at all by the public.

Emanmagic5 - There are many illusions that use fake hands. I really cant name any without exposing anything. Like the original poster says, many of Andrew Mayne's illusions use a fake hand. There also many other illusions that use them. try thinking up an illusion of your own that could use a fake hand. Think about if you had an extra secret hand, what could you do?
cameroncando
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of cameroncando
My vote is for the hottrix hand!

Cam
MrFye
View Profile
Regular user
119 Posts

Profile of MrFye
I have the hotrix handzup and love how realistic it looks, but I had trouble keeping it attached. It was expensive and I don't like things in magic that aren't 99% reliable. I will be ordering the Yoshino which is half the price and probably mor likely to stay attached, which is pivotal for my applications.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Andrew Mayne prop (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL