The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Ready steady... cook it up (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Drewmcadam
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland
1238 Posts

Profile of Drewmcadam
For those of you who are interested (AND live in the UK) I am doing a guest appearance on Ready Steady Cook, shown tomorrow (Tuesday October 31 - yes, Halloween) on BBC 2 at 4.30pm

(This, despite SKY listings calling me Drew McANDREW - sigh!)

Also on, is top escapologist - and nice guy, to boot - Tom Lyons.

Drew
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Congratulation Drew. Good luck with your appearance.

Mark. Smile
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Is this gourmet mentalism? Do you predict how long it takes for a steak to be grilled to a spec's unspoken request? Do you PK break eggs and turn them into an omlette? Do you microwave read someone's palm (warm reading for sure)...

Ok sorry - I couldn't resist
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3332 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
Is that already recorded Drew? Can't imgaine it's live but if it is - good luck. Smile I'll set my Sky+!
sjdavison
View Profile
Inner circle
Surrey, UK
1379 Posts

Profile of sjdavison
Fantastic Drew, I look forward to it! Anything specifically planned for it?

Simon
Simon, 32, UK

www.sidavisonmagic.com
DJP
View Profile
Veteran user
London
391 Posts

Profile of DJP
Hi Drew

Great show... I thought Mr. Nairn was rather bossy today! Great spoon bend too; any pointers to where this could be found or is this an 'inhouse'effect?

The escape artist was excellent too.

Dave
David
Colin
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1355 Posts

Profile of Colin
I think you'll find that it's Drew's own spoon bend and looks just as fantastic close up.

Thought it all went very well!

Well done matey,

Col.
Check out Psych-Artist.com now for free essays and other resources.
Drewmcadam
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland
1238 Posts

Profile of Drewmcadam
Tom Lyon, the escape artist, IS superb - and such a nice bloke, too.

The show was recorder some six weeks ago. That said, there is VERY LITTLE editing. Amazngly, everything you se is done withing the time frame as broadcast (except for about ten minutes between introduction and the ready, steady go.. that let's the chefs (who have genuinely never seen the ingredients) boil ketles and work out what they are going to do. From there on in... it's frantic, with six cameras and 100 audience members watching every move.

As for the spoon bend, it's my own. There was NO editing on the piece, it's exactly as it looks. That said, I usually only use one hand - but my hands were covered in butter from the cooking! Nice to hear Ainsley Harriet gasp when the metal melted!

Simply, I take a spoon - any spoon - hold it in one hand between thumb and forefinger... and it melts. EXACTLY as seen on the show. Glad you like it. Thank you.

Best wishes,

Drew
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Ready steady... cook it up (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL