We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Paul Harris' Twilight...Where is it? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
Can anybody help me locate Paul Harris' Twilight? The Coins & Mirror trick. I ONLY need the mirror.I would be willing to buy your used version if you are willing to sell or please post a link as to where I may purchase a New one.
Thanks for the help!
Chance Smile
Creator of Wacky Wolf Productions & Fine Collectibles

A DECADE of building Magic and we're just getting started!

http://www.wolfsmagic.com
Schaden
View Profile
Inner circle
Purgatory
1253 Posts

Profile of Schaden
Well.... you can buy the mirror at any drug store. Phone around.

Hope this helps
Lee
S.Segal
View Profile
Special user
San Diego
949 Posts

Profile of S.Segal
If you can't find it at a drug store, MagicSmith sells it for 6 bucks.
Gaft Card Magic Available here!
JC Wagner In Full Metal Jacket here!
simply Sydney DVD here!
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
Thanks for the tip Pyro, but I have had a hard time finding the Double Sided Mirror in local stores. It has been awhile since I looked, I was just being lazy. I will check MagicSmith, Thanks Segal!
Chance

Forget the post, I have located the effect. Thanks,
Chance
Creator of Wacky Wolf Productions & Fine Collectibles

A DECADE of building Magic and we're just getting started!

http://www.wolfsmagic.com
alex cahill
View Profile
Loyal user
234 Posts

Profile of alex cahill
Buy his trick called twighlight angels. The mirror in that is the right size.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17176 Posts

Profile of joseph
Twilight Angels is indeed an awesome effect; However, the mirror looked too cheap, and I wound up using my Twilight mirror for both effects. Smile
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Dan LeFay
View Profile
Inner circle
Holland
1371 Posts

Profile of Dan LeFay
One of the most magical plots in closeup magic. An alltime favorite of mine...but darn! those bad angles!
"Things need not have happened to be true.
Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths,
that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes,
and forgot."
Neil Gaiman
Bfrancabandera
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Bfrancabandera
Does anyone know if Paul Harris has his own website? I have searched and have not found it. THanks
mr.ash
View Profile
New user
Daytona
30 Posts

Profile of mr.ash
I can't find twilight with coins either. Any one got any ideas? Smile
alex cahill
View Profile
Loyal user
234 Posts

Profile of alex cahill
It is on one of his videos. Not sure which one. I would not of thought you could but it is more of a technique than a trick
Anthony
View Profile
New user
NYC
56 Posts

Profile of Anthony
Twilight is also in his Art of Astonishment volume 2.
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. He who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead; his eyes are closed."
-- Albert Einstein
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
For those of you concerned about angle problems, try this: I got a large irregular shard of slightly tinted mirrored plexiglass. It has a much more interesting look, and the plexi keeps it from being an unintentionally deadly weapon.

The irregular shape inspired a presentation about a mystical mirror that was shattered by ignorant townsfolk, but I digress...

The larger mirror provides as much angle coverage as necessary. The only excuse for the smaller mirror is convenience, although once the mirror gets huge, it does look as little odd reaching only "into" the mirror as far as your thumb. (Try it, you'll know when you look silly.)
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
Dan LeFay
View Profile
Inner circle
Holland
1371 Posts

Profile of Dan LeFay
And where do you get such a piece of mirrored plexiglass?
Very nice presentational idea curtis.
And also the tinted mirror, I'm sure this will enhance the effect even more since the darker mirror image of the coin will shine brilliantly when "pulled out of the fourth dimension".
and forgot."
Neil Gaiman
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
Sorry to say it, Dan, but I have always gotten plexiglass from my local, uh, plexiglass supplier. That's all they do, and that's all they sell. I just buy the "scraps" since their usual customer is in the construction industry, and they scoff at orders of less than 200 pieces.
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
Mitch Schneiter
View Profile
Special user
West Linn, Oregon
674 Posts

Profile of Mitch Schneiter
Full credit for the following idea goes to Curtis Kam who suggested using a shard of glass for Twilight. Buy Wolf's Jumbo Shattered and incorporate it into your Twilight routine. I purchased the Jumbo Shattered recently and it is perfect for the effect. Plus you have the added bonus of being able to shatter the mirror and restore it!
Dan LeFay
View Profile
Inner circle
Holland
1371 Posts

Profile of Dan LeFay
Wow, talking about a full circle thread...
and forgot."
Neil Gaiman
wsduncan
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
3619 Posts

Profile of wsduncan
It's interesting to me that in the age of the internet people seem to have forgotten about the Yellow Pages...

In any case, most camping supply stores can sell you a metal "shaving mirror" for camping and backpacking. These are highly polished metal and work just fine for the routine plus they are thinner and don't break...
DreamBig
View Profile
Regular user
144 Posts

Profile of DreamBig
I got two small pocket sized mirrors and glued them back to back. Works great!
robertwong
View Profile
Loyal user
Calgary, Canada
212 Posts

Profile of robertwong
Wolf:

did you find one yet??

Robert.

P.S. I have still have mine, but haven't used it years.
Smile Smile
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5267 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Folks, just some history. The effect is actually the brainchild of Tayari Casel, who shared the idea with Paul, and Tayari is mentioned as the co-creator. Tayari is a legendary, world champion Kung-Fu fighter who was into magic, particularly in the 70's, and had some great ideas. He used to come into Barry's Magic Shop, the shop I worked in in the late 70's to early 80's, and he's a real class act.

I know that doesn't help you find a mirror, Chance, but just thought I should mention Tayari's name because he does deserve credit. Concerning a mirror, I think I know where you can find "Shattered." Smile Alternatively, I'd think a glass manufacturer would be a good source.

Regards, Larry D.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Paul Harris' Twilight...Where is it? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL