The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The clothes we wear » » Rings (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
DaddyDoodle
View Profile
Loyal user
Northern Hemisphere
277 Posts

Profile of DaddyDoodle
I work 8-5 in an office setting and typically wear both a watch as well as 2 rings - my wedding band on the left ring finger and my college class ring on my right ring finger. Both are gold and both provide a nice accent to a dark shirt or jacket. I practice my coins with both on to learn to avoid the "talking" that can occur. Also, this is more real-world for me, as I am more likely to perform impromptu dressed as I normally would to work or church.
Smile Tally-ho! And Tuscarora too! Smile
cardking
View Profile
Regular user
Ottawa, Canada
138 Posts

Profile of cardking
I'm a canadian engineer, so I have ring on my right pinky and I'm getting married in 3 months so I'll have new ring on my left ring finger.

As for coin magic, I once asked a magician who was wearing a ring that I thought you weren't supposed to. He placed a coin in his hand and I heard it clink against the ring, then he opned his hand to show it had vanished. He used the ring and the sound of the clinking to his advantage.
FunTimeAl
View Profile
Special user
987 Posts

Profile of FunTimeAl
I wear a PK ring in place of my wedding band. I'm told they break easily, but so far I've been lucky I guess.

I'm with Earl though. If I went to my restaurant without a ring on, I'd catch some heat from my wife.

I juggle knives, torches, etc...and have to take my ring off then. Way too painful otherwise.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Yea Chad
A wristwatch, or bracelet will make me juggle with a limp, and the machetes are painful no matter what you do.
Al Angello
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Pathian
View Profile
Regular user
Dayton, OH
174 Posts

Profile of Pathian
I'm unmarried, so I wear my wedding band PK ring on the middle finger of my right hand. I'm only 21, so it's somewhat in style for people my age.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20522 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
The only ring I wear is the wedding band Lucy gave me.

Due to an autombile accident in 1987, the pinky and ring finger sometimes give me a lot of pain. (The bones in both were just "powdered" and the pinky was sewn back on.) After remarkable surgeries five Thursdays in a row, they both work. The primary problem is that "Hot" sensors are about the only nerve sensors still working. (I've been know to throw down a cold can of Coca-Cola becaused it "burned" me.)

Because vibration from steering wheels can be very painful for prolonged periods, on long drives, I take off my wedding ring. Otherwise, when they find the body, I should still have it on. Definitely, I wear my ring in public. (And if I'm performing magic, I certainly hope it is for the public!)

I also understand why many performers do not perform in jewelry. (I often remove my watch before going on stage.)

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1726 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
As much as I love my rings, I do have one problem wearing them in one of my shows. In my Ren Fest shows, the one where I wear the most jewelry, I also play the Dumbek (A middle-eastern drum) for part of the act.

The rings on my left hand get bent severely. The one I wear in the middle finger is actually square now. So no real problem wearing them for anything I do, just do severe damage to the rings themselves.

This is very common for Ren performers. A sword-fighting friend of mine forgot to take his off before a fight and it got smashed so bad he couldn't get it off.
Part of the job I guess.
Gwyd
Michael Taggert
View Profile
Special user
Fredericksburg Virginia
653 Posts

Profile of Michael Taggert
The wearing of rings and other jewelry should be guided by good taste and style as well as the magic that you do. I wear from none to several rings depending on the character.

Gishde I get to wear rings in my Ren Character so I do Smile but no sword fighting. I take the off just before the fire eating portion of the show.
Believe you then that I do strange things
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20522 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Al, Mike,

I really don't think we should warn the younger guys about the ring in the nose the older guys have learned to endure. It comes with a recording that says "You paid WHAT for that magic prop?"

I was promised that in time our hearing would fail.
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Tom Fenton
View Profile
Inner circle
Leeds, UK (but I'm Scottish)
1471 Posts

Profile of Tom Fenton
The only ring I wear is my wedding ring.

In fact, apart from my watch, it is the only jewellry I've ever worn.

Tom
"But there isn't a door"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The clothes we wear » » Rings (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL