The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Fred Kaps (old and more recent) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
I love watching Fred Kaps perform. A true master.

Older footage:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYh_vPGApbo&NR

A little more recent:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CAL7SI8N......;search=

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
4883 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Lot of interesting info about Fred Kaps:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......4&54
Hansen
View Profile
Special user
Down Under
653 Posts

Profile of Hansen
Wow, Ron! You certainly find the good stuff! What a joy to watch Fred Kaps perform.

Anyone know the name of the card routine he performs in the "older footage" clip? And where can I learn it?

Cheers,
Jason
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
3237 Posts

Profile of warren
Its nice to see a true master at work.
NMaggio
View Profile
New user
Nick Maggio
100 Posts

Profile of NMaggio
When Kaps feigns screwing up, his routining is so precise he accounts for every "uhh" and "oh my." He is a magnificent performer.
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
So true. I love watching his performances. A friend of mine has a DVD of his performances. I watched a little of it and now I want to pick up my own copy.

I didn't care to much for the salt pour until I watched this video. Now I think I might start performing it.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
bill7
View Profile
Loyal user
Virginia, USA
214 Posts

Profile of bill7
Whos fred kaps?
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
2020 Posts

Profile of Rennie
Quote:
On 2006-11-03 21:49, bill7 wrote:
Whos fred kaps?

He is what every performing magician should strive to be like. Describe his magic in one word "FANTASTIC".
The only 3 time F.I.S.M. Winner...Fred Kaps was the very best ever and there will never be another like him, unfortunately.
Rennie
The effect is the important thing, how you achieve it is not.......
vinkelhaken
View Profile
Regular user
Sweden
179 Posts

Profile of vinkelhaken
So anybody know the name and source for the card routine?
vinkelhaken
View Profile
Regular user
Sweden
179 Posts

Profile of vinkelhaken
Homing card right? But there seems to also be a trick named Homing card which is a card to pocket effekt, in Stars of Magic I believe?
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5259 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
There are two completely different effects named Homing Card. The one that Kaps performs is Fred Braue's effect, and the one in the Stars of Magic is Francis Carlyle's card to pocket routine (which is the basis for part of my Relaxation Principle routine included in my DVDs).

Kaps was an incredible magician. Watch him perform and you'll witness the value of scripting.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Fred Kaps (old and more recent) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL