The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Howard Thurston - master magician (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mysticalmike
View Profile
Special user
Saratoga Springs, NY
513 Posts

Profile of mysticalmike
Know ther was man I owuld love to seen or meet is this one and many other but this one to here video of him. http://www.youtube.com:80/watch?v=i6f4a2l_w3Y Alls I got say is wow.
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1851 Posts

Profile of Christopher Starr
Incredible silent film footage that I had never seen. This is a real treat! Smile
Jazz
View Profile
Veteran user
Mexico City
377 Posts

Profile of Jazz
Great video! Anybody knows what year is it from? Lots of illusions that today are presented as "contemporary".
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Why do you think Thurston invited people up on stage to view the princess Karnac levitation up close (and expose the secret it to the committe)?

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
BRodgers
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of BRodgers
He did this to make it more beleivable to the rest of the audience. He figured its a small sacrifice, to fool hundreds more.

Copperfield does the same thing in his illusion 13. 13 people at every show know exactly whats going on, but the rest of the audience is amazed.

If you havent already, pick up a copy of Steinmeyer's Hiding the Elephant. Its a very interesting read. It will answer a lot of other questions like this one.
Creator of The Phantom Band 360
ufo
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
1185 Posts

Profile of ufo
Also some interesting comments on Thurston in The Complete Jarrett book by Steinmeyer.
"What's your drug?" she asked. "Hope" he said, "The most addicting one of all."
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Thanks. I have read "Hiding the Elephant" which was great. I'll go back to see what he says about this issue as I don't remember him speaking to that point. But what great footage of Thurston. I really liked the relaxed and confident way he did his card productions (that's something that Kellar never had to show). Thanks for the youtube post.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
dlcmagic
View Profile
Special user
887 Posts

Profile of dlcmagic
That was great to see!! Where did you find it?
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12007 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Great, thanks.

Dittos, Hiding the Elephant, a great book.

Candini
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Howard Thurston - master magician (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL