The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Stage levitation...any ideas? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicFingers
View Profile
Loyal user
Orlando, FL
230 Posts

Profile of MagicFingers
Hi magic friends! I am designing a levitation for stage and I could use the wisdom of some of the clever minds out there.

It can not be wires, and would likely be operated from behind the rear curtain. Kind of a beam with a bicycle seat on it...but a little more sophisticated. Not a huge budget, but great performing conditions. Could use b**** a**, and the person I am levitating would have a flowing costume...actually a witch on a broomstick. Plus - no other props, such as a table or chair, so I could not used anything gimmicked.

Anyone have any ideas? Are there any plans out there for this?
Julian Bond
Musician / Magician
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Check out the Multi Purpose Levitation.

Best,

Tim
MagicFingers
View Profile
Loyal user
Orlando, FL
230 Posts

Profile of MagicFingers
Wow - this looks perfect. And he sells the plans, too.

Thanks very much, Tim.

Julian

P.S. Great illusions on your site!
Julian Bond
Musician / Magician
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Thanks Julian,

I have the MPL plans and am just waiting for the time to build it. If you get the plans and build one before I do I'd love to see some video of it. There used to be some fantastic video of the effect out there but I can't seem to find it online anymore.

Best,

Tim
MagicFingers
View Profile
Loyal user
Orlando, FL
230 Posts

Profile of MagicFingers
How much are they selling for right now?
Julian Bond
Musician / Magician
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
The plans are $250 and the entire prop is $1500 ( a real bargain in levitations ) . I should mention the plans are very detailed and easy to follow.

Best,

Tim
MagicFingers
View Profile
Loyal user
Orlando, FL
230 Posts

Profile of MagicFingers
Excellent - thank for the lead on this. I think you may have just saved me months of trial and error, sweat and tears, sleepless nights and dropped assistants!

Best,
Julian
Julian Bond
Musician / Magician
Patrick Miller
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of Patrick Miller
I have been interested in a levitation illusion but am looking for info. The Multi Purpose site seems very vag. I would need to know more about an illusion before I purchased it. There is a Ariel Levitation on the Magicauction.com that is selling for about 1/2 of what is cost new. My concern is the weight of the crates you would have to move.

Any suggestions
John T. Sheets
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, USA
1139 Posts

Profile of John T. Sheets
Could you please provide a link to see the Multi Purpose levitation? Thanks!
www.johnTsheets.com

See the "Quantum Bender 3.0" trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkTVw9FjonE

See my Dove Act here... https://youtu.be/Ms7_u46Qpp0

See the "Energy Bender" trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpJOfL0k8xA

See the "Table of Death" in Las Vegas trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YivizLAKD7I
mysticalmike
View Profile
Special user
Saratoga Springs, NY
513 Posts

Profile of mysticalmike
mysticalmike
View Profile
Special user
Saratoga Springs, NY
513 Posts

Profile of mysticalmike
Lusion
View Profile
Special user
590 Posts

Profile of Lusion
I too am still awaiting someone to show me a video of it being performed, its been a year now that I have been waiting anybody has the unit?
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24265 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Why don't you send an e-mail to the manufacturer? Or phone him. I wouldn't sit around on my butt almost a year, if I wanted a levitation.

I don't think you are very serious about this.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Lusion
View Profile
Special user
590 Posts

Profile of Lusion
LOL I did that 6 months ago. TWICE! Theres a difference between not serious and being very serious when you purchase illusions....takes time to consider if it should be worked in your show. Not a choice you make on the fly with no video or demo, you keep it on the back burner until someone sheds some light. I waited almost a year to hear comments or see about a version of impaled. Was not good so I eneded up getting Wellington to build me one. So serious? VERY Serious
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
I am here also on the Café, and the present version of the Multi-Purpose Levitation is going through another transition. I am making it into a stand-alone unit with remote control. I've had the proto type working with a 300 lb person, and I need to revise it to reduce the weight factor of the unit.

It use to rise from the floor to four feet, which wasn't high enough for my rise from a chair suspension, so I increased it's height rise to six feet. I am now reducing the weight factor. to much steel and weighs over 200 lbs. I want to get the unit down to about 100 lbs.

I might be trying to make it perfect, and do more stuff. I am disappointed in most suspensions and levitations in that they can do only one thing. I truly want this unit to be versitile so it can be used in differnt forms and more than once in a full length show.

This year I change a chair suspension into a levitation during my Halloween Illusion Show. Next year I am considering making an electric chair levitate and rising an audience member.

I am just having fun with it and not really pushing sales because it still blows people away. What will the finish product look like, I don't know because I keep changing it.

My close friend said "Den, that will sell like hot cakes" because this version is remote controlled and no need for a stage hand to operate it.

He has sat on it, standed on it, and raised himself to where he hits his head on the ceiling in my 8 foot room. He has seen me do a chair suspension to a levitation, do several vertical standing lifts, make my Laflin table rise, and has played with it. It's a dream illusion.

At my last SAM meeting, several illuionists, and full time magicians including Dick Gustfson, & Mike Snyder have just been amazes of it's construction and what it can do. Several members of the audience have the exact same chair suspension as I do. So when I grabbed the second chair, their mind went wild saying if I pull that chair the girl will get hurt. Of course their jaw dropped when I did it. It was "The Prestige" moment that made it worth that "planned pause" to allow them mind to grasp what I was about to do, before pulling that chair. What a rush!

You've heard the expresion, "Somethings I do for myself" and it's true here. My wife keeps asking me when am I going to market it... I'm not pushing it just having fun with it.

Dennis
Dennis Michael
Lusion
View Profile
Special user
590 Posts

Profile of Lusion
Dennis, I can understand that , and with that I will continue to wait, one will wait for the reason of what you wrote.
MagicFingers
View Profile
Loyal user
Orlando, FL
230 Posts

Profile of MagicFingers
Quote:
On 2006-11-13 04:29, Bill Palmer wrote:
I wouldn't sit around on my butt almost a year, if I wanted a levitation.

If you could levitate, you wouldn't need to sit on your butt ever again... Smile
Julian Bond
Musician / Magician
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
If I could really "fly", do you think I would be performing magic?
Dennis Michael
MagicFingers
View Profile
Loyal user
Orlando, FL
230 Posts

Profile of MagicFingers
Sure. Copperfield can fly, and he still performs magic.

:)
Julian Bond
Musician / Magician
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Stage levitation...any ideas? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL