The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Dave Powell`s "Doves to Rabbit (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ljunior
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of ljunior
Hi all magic friends
I just bought a Dave Powell`s "Doves to Rabbit" yesterday.
After some practice,I found some times it doesn`t work perfectly.
sometimes doves wing feathers stick out of the base after the vanishing.
One of my magician friend even told me his dove`s head stick out the base when he
was performing on stage.and the dove died...
So do you have same experience or do you have any advice to solve the problem?
Thank you very much.
sperris
View Profile
Special user
http://www.Anti-Conjuror.com
881 Posts

Profile of sperris
I know it might be hard to return it at this point, but honesty this isn't the first time I've heard bad things about Dave Powell's doves to rabbit. I'd take it back if you can. Not even worth trying to fix. I've also heard bad things about his tear appart vanish. I've never owned either because I've never had a need to own one, but this comes from the horse's mouth of several close friends who know what they're doing who have all owned one or looked at one up close and played with it. Go with Chalet is my answer on how to solve your problem.
DANSPERRY.COM
Jarana
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of Jarana
Ljunior

I PM you on this, see my reply in your inbox.

Jaime
Got a website? We can help--> www.clorus.com
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1850 Posts

Profile of Christopher Starr
Judging from the cost of the Powell box, I had always presumed that it was better made than this! Smile
magicleland
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of magicleland
My birds almost died as well, the beaks got smashed by the trap, after returning it he only allowed me to get a new one , He said he would test it with live birds but didn't. He even tried me to buy his balloon to dove, and with the new doves to rabbit sent me his smaller effects which broke or wore out instantly.
zig zag illusion - $3,000
theater rental - $500
geting advice from othe magicians on the cafe - priceless
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
There is a danger to the doves being vanished in any of those effects which move them from one level to another at any great speed. A dove has to balance itself by opening its wings and spreading its tail and that makes problems, as you have experienced. No matter who makes the illusion, if it moves the doves into hiding at any speed, there is a danger to the doves. However, if it simply coveres the doves to accomplish the vanish, it is much safer. The old Indian Dove Chest was very safe, because you put the doves into the chest one at a time, and then produced the cat or rabit or whatever. There was no visible vanish, but at least it was safe for everyone (except one time when I did it with a cat... I got scratched up pretty badly as punishment issued by my angry cat).
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
luchen
View Profile
New user
Taiwan
17 Posts

Profile of luchen
I have same prop and had same problem,too.
I think the defect of the prop is the position of the perch.
The perch is too close to the front edge.
So I attached another two elastic cords to the perch.
one end of the elastics are attched to the perch,another end are attched to
back edge of the botton.
So when the magic happen,the perch not only move downward but backward...
It works for me.you can check it out.

Lu Chen
luchen
View Profile
New user
Taiwan
17 Posts

Profile of luchen
Quote:
On 2006-11-03 05:03, sperris wrote:
I know it might be hard to return it at this point, but honesty this isn't the first time I've heard bad things about Dave Powell's doves to rabbit. I'd take it back if you can. Not even worth trying to fix. I've also heard bad things about his tear appart vanish. I've never owned either because I've never had a need to own one, but this comes from the horse's mouth of several close friends who know what they're doing who have all owned one or looked at one up close and played with it. Go with Chalet is my answer on how to solve your problem.

Hey Dan:

How are you?
Long time no see.
Thank you for the help and doves at abbotts last year.
Yes,after I bought the Dave Powell one,everyone told me the Chalet is better....
*** it!!
sperris
View Profile
Special user
http://www.Anti-Conjuror.com
881 Posts

Profile of sperris
What's up Lu?? Next time you're in Las Vegas we need to hook up! Sorry to hear about the doves to rabbit problem, glad you fixed it and nobody died. I usually try to find something good in every prop, but when you're using live animals its important to be upfront and truthful...so my opinion once again...this prop sucks.
DANSPERRY.COM
luchen
View Profile
New user
Taiwan
17 Posts

Profile of luchen
Of course,we have to hook up if I go to Vegas.
I met Chris Randall in Miami.we talk about you a lot.
He is a really funny and crazy guy.I love it!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Dave Powell`s "Doves to Rabbit (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL