The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Good atypical reads for bizarrists - COSMOS (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10571 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Yep, Twilight Zone IS my magic... wait until I get around to finishing "5th Dimensional Magick"....(i.e. writing it)
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Prof. Pabodie
View Profile
Veteran user
318 Posts

Profile of Prof. Pabodie
Ah...I have to add another wonderful source of inspiration. Do any of you collect and/or read/devour the old pre-code horror comics, such as Tales from the Crypt, Haunt of Fear, ShockSuspense Stories, etc? I love these things...and talk about your dark stories and horror and bizarre....wow! These are the goodies that inspired Stephen King and a host of other horror writers and filmmakers. I'm talking mostly about the EC comics, the ones William Gaines created before MAD Magazine (another inspiration which, btw, I was a writer for: I don't like to brag much, but I am very proud of that achievement!).
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
I love the old EC stuff. Hey Prof., if you have any still, you're probably sitting on a small fortune: http://www.superworldcomics.com/frameSet.php

Mark
What would Wavy do?
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4192 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
I too loved that old EC mag...you should be very proud Prof. !!!!
Leland Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
1204 Posts

Profile of Leland Stone
Prof:

Ah, Harlan Ellison! The adaptation of "Shatterday" made the 80's revival of Twilight Zone something quite memorable -- that, plus an astounding dramatic turn by Bruce Willis.

"October Country?" Thinking of it still sends me into chills beyond the reach of any warmth, tho' I've not read it since the 6th grade. The "bone doctor" with the very unusual therapy...the casket that automates the process of burial...

"By the pricking of my thumbs..." has there been a better turn at casting than that of Jonathan Pryce as Mr. Dark, in the otherwise hideous movie adaptation of "Something Wicked This Way Comes"?

Do you know, Magi, there's a library nearby which hosts Ray Bradbury in the late summer? He's also known to haunt the Mt. San Antonio College's Writers' Workshop, as well as the L.A. Times' "Festival of Books." Just another perk of living in SoCal.

Leland
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Good atypical reads for bizarrists - COSMOS (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL