The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Favourite shops for magic books? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
MANOS FRIAS
View Profile
Regular user
Spain
126 Posts

Profile of MANOS FRIAS
I agree with the good opinion about The Magic Warehouse.

By the way, is there any shop of magic books (or general used books) in London with magic books hard to find? (My brother will travel to London within two weeks)
Thanks in advance for your answers.
Kimura
View Profile
Elite user
497 Posts

Profile of Kimura
I think Davenports and International magic are the two magic stores in London. There may be more, but I don't think so.

I'm not certain if they have hard to find books there, but they have friendly staff so there is no harm in asking! Smile
Magic.J.Manuel
View Profile
Special user
I have danced upon
664 Posts

Profile of Magic.J.Manuel
Also in Canada:
http://www.joyalstack.com/

Mickey Hades was a big one, purchased by H&R.

I have purchased from both and had no problems.

My fav is Illusionsmagic here in town. Buck is a book collector and gets some interesting estate sales.

J Manuel
Nothing would get done at all, if man waited so long that no one could find fault with it.
todsky
View Profile
Inner circle
www.magicstore.ca
2292 Posts

Profile of todsky
J Manuel. thanks for the Joyal link! He has a good used magic book section, and I just picked up Maskelyne's Our Magic, which I've been searching for for awhile.
Todsky's Magic Shop: over 15,000 tricks, books, DVD s and Card decks. www.magicstore.ca
waltsal
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of waltsal
H&R is a terrific dealer to work with and their customer service is excellent. Ditto with Bradbury and Beyond in KC and, of course, L&L. They all respond to customer inquiries and keep you in the loop.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6323 Posts

Profile of magicfish
The Browsers Den of Magic in Toronto, has an very impressive book section. And you simply won't find friendlier service.

Fish
Abiloko
View Profile
New user
Barcelona (Spain)
55 Posts

Profile of Abiloko
H & R magic books are the best¡¡
If you have some questions about a book, they give you the best answer and recommendations.
I like too the magic warehouse and elmagicshop.com (Nr. Malek's shop): very good attention and excellent service always and about books too¡¡
Best is yet to come ¡¡¡
Abiloko
View Profile
New user
Barcelona (Spain)
55 Posts

Profile of Abiloko
H & R magic books are the best¡¡
If you have some questions about a book, they give you the best answer and recommendations.
I like too the magic warehouse and elmagicshop.com (Mr. Malek's shop): very good attention and excellent service always and about books too¡¡
Best is yet to come ¡¡¡
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
Richard Hatch and H&R Magic Books are simply the best.

There are magic shops that also sell books, and there are magic book shops.
H&R is the later, and give the finest service it's possible to get.

I've bought a lot of books from H&R, and had them shipped to Canada. Not a single problem from point of purchase right to delivery at my door.
John Pezzullo
View Profile
Veteran user
Sydney AUSTRALIA
354 Posts

Profile of John Pezzullo
H & R Magic Books
Hatch & Randall
Honest & Reliable
"One arrow. One life."
todsky
View Profile
Inner circle
www.magicstore.ca
2292 Posts

Profile of todsky
Kimura and Shmecal: Found a hard-to-find Euegene Burger book at Magicbooksbypost. Thanks!

Another good magic book shop:
Kaufman and Company. Free shipping (worldwide!) Good selection!
Todsky's Magic Shop: over 15,000 tricks, books, DVD s and Card decks. www.magicstore.ca
Silly Walter the Polar Bear
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Profile of Silly Walter the Polar Bear
Quote:
On 2006-11-16 10:14, todsky wrote:
Kimura and Shmecal: Found a hard-to-find Euegene Burger book at Magicbooksbypost. Thanks!

Which book was it?
John Bowlin
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
827 Posts

Profile of John Bowlin
Denny and Lee does have an incredible assortment of books in stock including many rare and out of print books in mint condition. In fact I just picked up an original copy of Encyclopedia of Cigarette Magic, 1937 in mint condition for a great price. Denny is more than happy to discuss any boks and give feedback since he's pretty much a book finatic.
todsky
View Profile
Inner circle
www.magicstore.ca
2292 Posts

Profile of todsky
Silly Walter, I found Burger's Magic and Meaning at Magicbooksbypost.
Schmecal
View Profile
New user
Baltimore, MD
70 Posts

Profile of Schmecal
I just picked up Bannon's "Impossibilia", "Smoke and Mirrors (first print), Mike Powers "Top Secret Stuff" and "Randy Wakeman Presents" from Denny & Lee's. Denny's shop is great. I really lucked out. Oh yeah, and Jennings "The Cardwright". What a great week this was, huh? Todsky, you are very welcome. Let us all know how the book is.
todsky
View Profile
Inner circle
www.magicstore.ca
2292 Posts

Profile of todsky
My magic library has grown exponentially this week, and strangely enough my bank account has shrunk exponentially as well. Happy readings, Schmecal et al.
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3370 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
Can someone advice me which shop offers free international shipping?
Thanks
Cards never lie
todsky
View Profile
Inner circle
www.magicstore.ca
2292 Posts

Profile of todsky
Andy, Kaufman and Company has free international shipping.
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3370 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
You are right - strange, I did look at the terms and I could swear I saw some shipment fee. In short, it is a truly magical site.

And thanks for the lead.
Cards never lie
todsky
View Profile
Inner circle
www.magicstore.ca
2292 Posts

Profile of todsky
You're welcome, Andy. I believe for regular slow ground shipping Kaufman's is free internationally, but for any other form of speedy shipment it'll cost you.

Fish, I just placed an order with Browser's Den in Toronto. Good selection of books, and very reasonable shipping, especially here in Canada. Thanks for that one.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Favourite shops for magic books? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL