The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Self Lighting Candle? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mick Hanzlik
View Profile
Special user
Mick Hanzlik
588 Posts

Profile of Mick Hanzlik
I am looking for a regular looking candle that appears to light itself. It would be radio controlled, and possibly gas operated, but I would like some ideas and thoughts

Thanks

Micvk Hanzlik, England
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
There are some plans for building self lighting candles in The Wizards' Journal #4 (on my site), but they are electric with battery powered igniters that actually light up a real candle. They could easily be made remote radio controlled by using a new item I saw this past summer at the camping goods store- a radio control battery operated tent light, so you don't come back from a hike to a dark tent out in the wilderness!
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
magicmarkdaniel
View Profile
Special user
Bolton, England UK
831 Posts

Profile of magicmarkdaniel
Those remote control camping lights are a gift from above, let me tell you!

Mark
Mark Daniel
Carron
View Profile
Special user
UK
958 Posts

Profile of Carron
Chris Stolz
View Profile
Inner circle
Mississauga, Ontario
1957 Posts

Profile of Chris Stolz
Depending on it's use, you might want to try a theatrical supply shop. They usually stock a battery operated flicker candle. I used one in a show in the spring that looked great from the audience. We put a white paper tube over the candle so that when we "blew it out" we switched it off and slide the tube up over the flame.

Most of the use of this candle was deep upstage and from the audience' pespective it was just a lit candle.
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
There are some chemical methods listed in the Dunninger Encycolpaedia of Magic. While some of the chemicals might be a bit hard to obtain, it would not take much for what you seek, and they should be out there. You might have to talk with a local science teacher to see who in your area could supply the things you will need.
k
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Self Lighting Candle? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL