The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Do you actually enjoy watching sword baskets/cabinets, and why? (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
nola
View Profile
New user
Nyack, NY
42 Posts

Profile of nola
Thanks for the heads up!

nola
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Gold star for you, George!

The routine should be a journey and not just a destination.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9498 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
The Sword Basket can be your strongest illusion. If you perform it like a puzzle where the girl enters, is thrust, you sit, she exits - it will be just that, a puzzle.If you have an "inner script" or understand the motivation for the effect it will sparkle. Try performing the basket as if the plot is: "Man's inhumanity against man". The assistant is squeezed, poked, stomped and yet... she survives!

If you're not getting the impact perhaps your theme, costuming or music can be updated. Most importantly, are you having fun performing? The audience can tell.

Once, after a show, a lady aproached me and told me she used to work as an assistant and "knew" that all illusions were done by having the assistant hide in the base - however - she was amazed at how thin the raised base on my basket was, and she didn't know how the assistant could possibly fit in a small three inch deep space... So I struck with the speed of lightning and told her "Yes, It's amazing you've noticed that. I've been working on a new way to compress people into a smaller size so when they go into space they'll take up less room, because they are more or less flat. Right now NASA is interested in my discovery but we have to keep the details secret because we don't want other countrys to find out so please don't tell anyone."

She congradulated me on my discovery and went on her way believing that I took her into my confidence. She was happy. Everyone was happy... except for my crew who were more amazed then anything, because they couldn't believe that some people could be so gullible. I told my crew... Now you see how cults get started.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Do you actually enjoy watching sword baskets/cabinets, and why? (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL