We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Production parasols (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

eb02
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of eb02
Hi

I am using production parasols for many years.
I am usually produce 2-4 parasol using body loud.
I am looking to add a production table that I will be able to produce some more umbrellas for large stage show.
There are two models on the market - Mikame Production Table ($650) and Okito Three Screen Production ($475).
Does any one familiar with another version or maybe instruction to build such a table?
Eran Blizovsky
www.magic4business.net
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7448 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Both of the tables you mentioned have a limited length of parasol that can be fit in them.

How are you planning to produce the parasols? If you are using silks as a cover or for a steal. there are lots of options available to you.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
eb02
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of eb02
Yes it will probably will be with silks, streamer etc.
Eran Blizovsky
www.magic4business.net
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7448 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I would make an X table and wtill a bag load off hte front.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
eb02
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of eb02
This is an option but I like better that you can turn around the table as you can do in the above versions.
Eran Blizovsky
www.magic4business.net
maylor
View Profile
Loyal user
england
231 Posts

Profile of maylor
What's an X table?
Paul Jester
View Profile
Special user
UK
759 Posts

Profile of Paul Jester
Or the Temple Screen method would work, just in a larger scale.
Paul
MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1177 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
I use the Okito Three Screen combined with the Magic Hands Parasols from silk. I make the silks appear from the screens and then the parasols appear from the silks. Richard is right, you have to be carefuil of the length of the parasols. I wanted to switch from the Magic Hands version to the one Richard Hughes makes because his parasols are all diffrerent which makes for a better presentation. Unfortunately they were too long for the Okito Three Screens.
eb02
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of eb02
Do you have a large Okito Three Screen, a one that's stand on wheels?
Did you build it or where can I get one?
I do not want the basic one but a large one that can stand by its own.
Eran Blizovsky
www.magic4business.net
MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1177 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
I have a large one on wheels. I bought here:

http://www.stevensmagic.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=4728

I really like it. I just wish I could get the Hughes Parasols in there. Smile
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7448 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
The x table can be turned around with some simple modification with fabric or silk to hide the load. It packs flat and small.

The X table is two pieces of plywood that are notched to slip in between each other so when you look at it from the top it looks like an X Then a table top is hinge pinned on top. It is an old idea but still very useful.

Richard
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
mattmccoy
View Profile
Loyal user
203 Posts

Profile of mattmccoy
I think you can use any table for production parasols. If the parasol is in a sl****, that keeps it closed until produced, all you need is good misdirection. I produce 3 parasols from my table. They are la**** right on t** of my table. There is a small piece of wood that rises a 1/2 " above the rest of the table that covers the parsol loa**.
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
You can make a tall square/square production table fairly easily. Mount it on table legs so your assistant can wheel it on and off the stage. I own one of these that Mak Magic used to make and they work beautifully for umbrella productions. I can easily fit a large number of production items from the table and then finish off by producing another 12 parasols.

Kent
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>______________________
<BR>
<BR>www.kentwongmagic.com
eb02
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of eb02
Thanks Ket, I will look into it.
Eran Blizovsky
www.magic4business.net
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Production parasols (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL