The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Is the interior of the funhouse covered in fabric? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

billfromoregon
View Profile
Special user
608 Posts

Profile of billfromoregon
I'm just curious if the interior of the funhouse is covered in fabric, like the interior of the ABC gumball recombobulator? I am working on a prop (this is actually used as a lead-in to the chicken sword - completely different from the funhouse, but there is a flap), and am wondering if I want to go to the trouble of covering the interior with a suede like material. I think this would probably help with the deceptiveness, but it is quite a bit more work and expense. Thanks -

Bill
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2682 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
Hi Bill, I'm not sure if the funhouse has a fabric inside or not, but you did answer your own question. It would definately be more deceptive with a black felt or suede like material since the fabric blocks all glares etc from light. It is non-reflective so depth perception is altered when using the fabric on the inside of props such as a square circle, doves to rabbit, blammo box etc etc. The other bonus is that the just a painted inside can get scratched etc, and would need touch ups from time to time, a fabric inside would be pretty much maintence free if glued down properly. I think the extra time and expense would far out-weigh the cons if you didn't.

Peter.
Brand New: - MICRO VANISHING STATUE OF LIBERTY ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.tenyoelite.com
billfromoregon
View Profile
Special user
608 Posts

Profile of billfromoregon
Peter - Thanks for the info. Since I have already invested a lot of time developing the idea and working on the prototype, I won't skimp at the last minute. One never regrets doing something well...
Does anyone have recommendations on what type of glue to use for gluing fabric to a plastic substrate?
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Try 3M "77" spray adhesive. I have used this many times with excellent results.

Amos McCormick
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Is the interior of the funhouse covered in fabric? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL