The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » The First Blade (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MarkFarrar
View Profile
Veteran user
U.S.A.
376 Posts

Profile of MarkFarrar
Something that occurred to me recently is why the insertion of the first blade in many "box" illusions is nearly always under-played and why it rarely gets any reaction.

Is it because the magician is keen to get the "special" bit (i.e. the bit for which the box was made, be that Zig-Zag or Mis-Made Girl, etc.) and doesn't think about the fact that putting that first blade into the box (and assistant?) should be difficult and/or impressive?

Or is it that, in some illusions, the box is so big that the first blade really doesn't mean that much anyway?
Mark S. Farrar

Email: [email]MarkFarrar@TheMagicCircle.co.uk[/email]
Web: www.MagicSquaresBook.com, www.RandMPublishing.com, www.TheDailyGoalMachine.com, www.ParvoBuster.com
victorkent
View Profile
New user
Narnia
76 Posts

Profile of victorkent
Presentation. Presentation. Play it up. If you present it as a comedy bit make a big play with the blade and in the case where the girl's face is seen (Zig Zag) have her ham it up too. For a serious presentation a dramatic build up, a musical build up and in tricks like the zig zag a reaction from the girl can help. I do the Zig Zag, a Spear Box routine and other blade tricks and always get a reaction with the first and last blade...but I play it up...albeit I do mostly comedy with the zig zag.
John 3:16
http://www.victorkent.com
http://www.kentfamilyillusionshow.com
[email]victor@victorkent.com[/email]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » The First Blade (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL