The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Interesting Zig Zag (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MCM
View Profile
Elite user
Minnesota
456 Posts

Profile of MCM
http://www.ketnet.be/nt/html/shoot/uitdaging.shtml

Not the best presentation in the world (Hey it is a teen show), but I do like the "blades".

Mike
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
I thought it was a great idea - theming, presentation, and climax.

Amos McCormick
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1679 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
I agree .... Great idea with lot's of potential. Presentation was a bit unemotional and flat.

Dan.
John Bundy
View Profile
Regular user
USA
193 Posts

Profile of John Bundy
Two thumbs up for the art director!
evgulick
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of evgulick
The presentation and the look of the box I really like. However as with most illusions having an assistant who has not fully rehearsed the presentation can lead to some issues.
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1851 Posts

Profile of Christopher Starr
I'd have never thought that anyone could bring a fresh, new perspective on such an overdone illusion, but this was very nice!
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2747 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
I like the presentation idea, but that also leads to a big problem.

The red colouring and lack of black on the edges misses the big point of "masking" depth. It wasn't as convincing without it. Design-wise it was also missing the corner masks. Those telephone books could've been used for that, but they were not.
justmatt
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of justmatt
I thought it was great to see somebody "update" a "classic" illusion. I really liked the idea, but (and you knew that was coming) for me, the box itself was a little too "busy". For me, I almost lost sight of the assistant in all the decoration on the front of the box. That may have to do with, as mrbill said above, the lack of black which could not only help mask the depth of the box but tone down the color on the front as well.
But, like I said, I loved the fresh idea and using "street signs" as blades.....very creative!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Interesting Zig Zag (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL