The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » A Transformation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ross
View Profile
Elite user
Bristol
463 Posts

Profile of Ross
Hello people,

What do you fine people think of this piece of Bizzare mentalism I created?

The performer asks the participant to look into a deck of cards as it is riffled and to get a card in mind. The pack is handed to the participant and they are asked to remove the card they have in mind and place it face down on the table. The performer turns the convesation to his fascination of Victorian transformation desks.

"..beautiful cards where an artist has taken the standard design of a card and turned the design into something else, so for example the ace of spades might get turned on it's side and the viewer would see fish with its tail and fins [performer demonstrates with the ace of spades to show the similarity] or the ace of hearts might become a single rose petal on a white bed of snow. I'd like to try something special with you if I may?"

The performer cleanly places the card, sight unseen, into the card box and hands it to the participant to hold.

"Clear your mind and imagine a white bed of snow. I want you to see the design of your card in your mind and change the design to make it come alive, see the pips transform into something else, I'll do the same."

The performer takes back the box, opens it and empties the contents onto the table. 7 rose petals flutter down. As the audience gasps, the performer rearanges them into the design of the 7 of Hearts. The card the participant had in mind.

Comments, suggestions and constructive criticism most welcome.

Best wishes,

Ross
Black Hart
View Profile
Elite user
Scottish Highlands
459 Posts

Profile of Black Hart
Quote:
"..beautiful cards where an artist has taken the standard design of a card and turned the design into something else, so for example the ace of spades might get turned on it's side and the viewer would see fish with its tail and fins [performer demonstrates with the ace of spades to show the similarity] or the ace of hearts might become a single rose petal on a white bed of snow. I'd like to try something special with you if I may?"

Skip the above bit.

Tell a story about a young girl who was murdered and drops of blood were found in the snow where she disappeared from. Each year from then on her 'intended' returns to the scene and scatters red rose petals on the ground to remember her by.

Ask the volunteer what card they chose (seven of hearts).

Reply "Amazing, she must be here beside you tonight guiding your thoughts, there were seven drops of blood on the snow..."

Open the box and tip the 7 petals out (onto a white sheet of paper)....etc.

Anyway just my thoughts on this, the story will add an emotional element. I like the general idea but I feel it will work better with the story rather than as a 'mental' effect.

Keith Hart
Black Artefacts, manufacturer and dealer of weird, bizarre and psychic magic: www.blackhart.co.uk
Ross
View Profile
Elite user
Bristol
463 Posts

Profile of Ross
Thanks Black Hart,

I like your idea very very much. It brought a chill to me just reading that. Thing is I'm looking to do this kind of thing round tables and am not sure if talk of murder would put people off. I'm not adverse to scaring people a bit, how does close up, walk around bizzare magic go down?

By the way, you sparked a really good idea in me. This may have been done before but how about if the performer knows this girl who has been murdered (they were old school friends)and she helps him accomplish his effects (whispering things in his ear, touching people and making objects move) Only the performer can see her and he yells at her sometimes to behave! Hehe. This could be the premise of a whole show!

Best wishes,

Ross
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
Just be careful of avoiding the trap that many of bizarrists fall into: too much talk, not enough magic.

Raven
What would Wavy do?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » A Transformation (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL