The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Problems with "Saw" by Sean Fields (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jkdragoon
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of jkdragoon
I'm having problems with the 'special something' required for this effect.
I don't know whether it's just me (i.e. my neck) or whether it's because of that 'special something' but the effect does not look realistic enough!! :'(
I really really wanna perform this effect!!
Anyone I can PM about this?
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
Since you are aware of what is going on you cannot see it from the perspective of the spectator. It may be fine, if not then don't perform it regardless of how bad you want to.
Steve V
LWright
View Profile
Regular user
Ireland
146 Posts

Profile of LWright
Quote:
On 2006-11-12 13:50, Steve V wrote:
Since you are aware of what is going on you cannot see it from the perspective of the spectator. It may be fine, if not then don't perform it regardless of how bad you want to.
Steve V

Yup, I too never thought of this being realistic looking but still performed it, got great reactions.
You know exactly what to look for which is why you don't think it's realistic.
-Lloyd Wright
"Take what you take, give what you give, just be what you want just as long as it's real.."
Stephon
View Profile
Special user
Maryland, USA
911 Posts

Profile of Stephon
Quote:
On 2006-11-12 12:17, jkdragoon wrote:
I'm having problems with the 'special something' required for this effect.
I don't know whether it's just me (i.e. my neck) or whether it's because of that 'special something' but the effect does not look realistic enough!! :'(
I really really wanna perform this effect!!
Anyone I can PM about this?
In what way are you finding it unrealistic?
~Les S. Moore, The Dapper Dipper
Swami Yomahmi and Cheeky Monkey Sideshow

"Comedy is a man in trouble." ~Bill Irwin
jkdragoon
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of jkdragoon
Hmmm... That's a good point about the fact that I know what I'm looking for.
So far, I've been practising in front of the mirror but have yet to try it out on spectators.
To Stephon: Well, it seems that sometimes, it's obvious what's going on while at others, it looks a lot better! I've heard some people use necklaces but I can't understand how on earth they manage to 'fit' the necklace (if you know what I mean...). For me, I can just about manage yoyo string but there are a few problems with it. I'm sticking with the thread for now during practices. Also, Sean Fields manages to drag it up and down over his Adam's Apple... I can't do that without spoiling the trick.
Anyone seen Dynamo's performance of it? There's something REALLY weird about his neck and he even manages to TWIST the skin with the string before pulling it out. Fantastic killer for the trick!! Here's the link...
http://www.dynamoworld.com/

Thanks for the help!!
JK
aggieman
View Profile
Loyal user
galveston, tx
207 Posts

Profile of aggieman
Ya I can do those kinds of things, its really fun to see the viewers face just cringe and look away, and make the goofest faces. And then when I rip it out, see them jump. sometimes I even bleed from my mouth, which can add to the point that it was inside you.
I posted a video on here a while back, and every one seemed to really like it.
Stephon
View Profile
Special user
Maryland, USA
911 Posts

Profile of Stephon
If I'm understanding your problem correctly, maybe you just need to cover a slightly larger area (top to bottom) with the "stuff".

aggieman
View Profile
Loyal user
galveston, tx
207 Posts

Profile of aggieman
Quote:
On 2006-11-13 00:00, Stephon wrote:
If I'm understanding your problem correctly, maybe you just need to cover a slightly larger area (top to bottom) with the "stuff".

that's a good thing to try. I had to increase the coverage to get the look I was looking for, and because I use thicker items.
jkdragoon
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of jkdragoon
OMG... Thanks so much for that!! Smile
I increased coverage from adam's apple to near the bottom of my neck (about 1 and 1/4 inches) and now, it works REALLY well!!
Can't wait to try it out for my friends... They seem to really love Polo for some reason and it's time to give them a run for their money Smile
Thanks everyone!!
Stephon
View Profile
Special user
Maryland, USA
911 Posts

Profile of Stephon
Glad it worked out for you.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Problems with "Saw" by Sean Fields (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL