The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Object from one place to another...(effect ideas) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Frozen Toast
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of Frozen Toast
...I have the bat..., which I quite like so I went out and bought the Raven X2 without checking with you guys first (this was about 2 years ago). It arrived.... it is the size of my house, and houses aren't very easy to hide...so I never used it.

But now I want to see what it can do.... I want to create an effect of standing between 2 people, getting them to put their hands out (one of my hands on top of one hand from each person), and taking an object from the hand of one person and making it appear in the hand of the other without moving. I have a few ideas on this but wondered if you guys do anything similar or have any ideas on how this can be achieved.... I think it will be a great effect!!

I'd love to hear from you guys please !!!

Cheers

Toast!
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Since you have a basic holdout there, the "going" part is easily managed. And since you probably want to use a borrowed object, say a quarter, you will need to switch it for one you can make go with the raven, perhaps using a shuttle pass to manage this. So what's left is just presentation. That'a a basic application of the thing to coin magic. Hope that gets you started. That kind of thinking also works with wedding bands, bottle caps...
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Frozen Toast
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of Frozen Toast
Jonathan, thanks for your input. I don't have a problem with the "going" and I have a few things that I have tried to get the "appear" self working without any passes or object changes..... but il look into your suggestions... hopefully they will help !!

...keep them coming

Toast..
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Since you are putting your hand on top... purse palm?

Have you explored the existing published material including Derek Dingle's coins across from the 1970s and Dan Watkins's coins across from his recent offering?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Object from one place to another...(effect ideas) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL