The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Video Clip from Sloss Fright Furnace 2006 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

NippleKing
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of NippleKing
I had a great time working with Michael Baker and Rok at Sloss Fright Furnace 2006

Mr. Baker is the emcee, Rok is the guy who isn't the star of the clip but is the star of the show, and I am the guy with the mousetrap. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-XhqY-e3Bc
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2582 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
Niiice. First time I ever seen you in action!
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1725 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
Now that is something I have been meaning to try for a while now...
Very nice presentation!!
Gwyd
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Wish you guys could see the whole show. We have a nice combination of shock mixed with some really funny bits. It becomes a rollercoaster ride for the audience, who isn't sure whether to laugh, be amazed, or puke. The bit that follows this is a nipple lifting competition between Rok and the Nipple King entitled, "Trailer Park Heavy Metal". I narrate the action with "Dueling Banjos" playing in the background. It's pretty high energy, "OMG" freaky, full of evil puns, and funny as Hell.

NK has been a great addition to the show!

~michael
~michael baker
The Magic Company
T-RAY
View Profile
Inner circle
1539 Posts

Profile of T-RAY
Right on!!
NippleKing
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of NippleKing
I'm glad you guys liked it, and thanks for the compliments!

We get such a great reaction from this bit, and I really enjoyed seeing the people watching it too. The only problem is that it's always some guy that comes up with the quarter...
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
2582 Posts

Have the line go "no one here paid the extra $10"
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Quote:
Have the line go "no one here paid the extra $10"

(Insert the sound of collective forehead slapping at Sloss Fright Furnace.)
~michael baker
The Magic Company
deemark
View Profile
New user
a lil place called love
12 Posts

Profile of deemark
The.pain.

so you've got to tell us, what was it like the first time you did that? what possessed you to even try in the first place?

madness*&^%@
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1725 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
So Deemark...
I'm guessing you're new here.

It's never really a question of why would we do it (Referring to any painful sideshow arts), at least not in this forum.
It's a matter of hows...
How can a person do it?
How many shows a day can it be done?
How can we get people to come see it?
How much can we charge?

Why does not really have to enter into it.

I'd say that Nippleking and the Fright Furnace have all of the right questions answered.

Never thought I'd say this...But it makes me want to take a trip to Alabama.
Gwyd
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
2582 Posts

Cue the theme from "Deliverance" dueling banjos
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Nice cheap shot, Yankee! Deliverance was actually set in Georgia, though.

Believe it or not, some Alabamians actually make fun of that Lynyrd Skynyrd song, too. But in all fairness, I should mention that I am from Illinois... can't say it too loudly though, 'cause they might shoot me here. Smile
~michael baker
The Magic Company
deemark
View Profile
New user
a lil place called love
12 Posts

Profile of deemark
Awesome feat nonetheless, not that you need anyone to tell you that, the crowd's reaction speaks volumes.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Well, since NippleKing has not yet chimed in, I'll give you my perspective, which may shed a little light on the topic.

Although we generally would consider the "How" in a forum like this, "Why" does have a place here. Allow me to relate an incident that happened to me quite some time ago.

At the time, I was a young(er) magician with an attitude that said, "Anything for the show." I thought geek magic was pretty cool and I had seen the reaction that guys like Harry Anderson got with things like the needle through arm. I also knew of Abbott's Daring Spring Trap, but something about the chrome finish took away the charm of the prop. I found a Feed & Seed store that carried a large variety of traps so I started to check them out. I could not remember the specific size of the Abbott's trap, not did I know if it was somehow gaffed with a weaker spring.

I looked at several traps trying to decide how my hand might fit within to maximize the area that would absorb the hit, but not be such a force that I could not take the hit. When I found the proper size, I set the trap and put it on the floor in front of where I was sitting. I mustered the guts, and stuck my hand in with full commitment. SNAP!!!

At the exact same time, an old man walk around the corner, saw me do that, freaked out and exclaimed, "Good God, man!!" That reaction was everything you would want from such a trick. Of course it hurt a little bit, but I bought the trap immediately!

The point is, if show business is in your blood, the limits of what you will do to get an audience's reaction are usually more pronounced than if money is the only reason. There are many ways to make money.

I know NippleKing well enough to believe he was going for the reaction. I've seen him get that show biz fever onstage.

~michael
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
I was watching some of the other clips on you account.

Was that a high school performance of "Sideshow"?

Brett.
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of NippleKing
I'm sorry for the late response...
Quote:
deemark:
so you've got to tell us, what was it like the first time you did that? what the hell possessed you to even try in the first place?

The first time? To be honest, it felt exactly like you think it would have. A spring loaded metal bar slamming into the tounge does in fact hurt like hell! As a matter of fact, it was more painful than my tounge piercing.

What posessed me to try it? I wanted to add it to the show. It's as simple as that.

Why? Well, that question never really crossed my mind...I leave that one to the audience.

Quote:
Freak Prodigy:
I was watching some of the other clips on you account.

Was that a high school performance of "Sideshow"?

Anything else you saw on youtube was not mine. At the moment, the only clip I have posted is The Mousetrap. Anything else you saw was youtube's selection.
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
Ahh, ok!
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of carnevilcircus
Heheeh glad to see the vid got such a huge response. shows ya how the freaks play in the Southern states hehehe. I tell ya this guys,the 3 of us in the vid and the 2 hiding behind the scenes make one heck of team....
FacadeTheStiltBoy
View Profile
Elite user
Greensboro NC
474 Posts

Profile of FacadeTheStiltBoy
Nice job, I just hate it when I slip and have the trap hit me in the teeth though.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Video Clip from Sloss Fright Furnace 2006 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL