The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Okito box - worthy or not (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
DStachowiak
View Profile
Inner circle
Baltimore, MD
2158 Posts

Profile of DStachowiak
Quote:
On 2006-12-30 08:52, Fingers wrote:
I love my Okito box and it has plenty of room for an expanded shell.

Fingers, do you remember who makes the box you use? Is it the Roth box? The Roth is the only one I know of currently in production that accepts an expanded shell.
There was a box on the market years ago, that I remember being described as "The Blackstone Style", that would accept expanded shells. Bobo shows it on p.217, figure 2, but doesn't call it that. I never liked this style much though.
I wonder if there are boxes designed for specific foreign countries which would accept U.S. expanded shells, simply because of differences in the size of their coinage...
Woke up.
Fell out of bed.
Dragged a comb across m' head.
impossible man
View Profile
Elite user
401 Posts

Profile of impossible man
I also have one of the old Rings N Things copper Okitos with a hole in the top and bottom. Anybody have one like that?
Dean Gilbert
Impossible Man
www.impossibleman.net
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6932 Posts

Profile of Dougini
I have several sets of different boxes...some good, some not so good.

My favorite?

I'd have to say the Chazpro "Buddha Boxes". I have all three. They just seem SO easy to use!

One thing...do NOT be seduced by the high-priced props. You DO get what you pay for, and if collecting is your thing, then by all means, the Todd Lassens are drop-dead gorgeous! I'd love to have a set, but $500? Beautiful, nonetheless.

The Dollar-size Bronze one is $125-$130...again...stunningly beautiful...but...look here:

http://www.magicstor.com/files/cointrik.htm

That Dollar-size box is just plain brass...$30

Same for Cups & Balls...I would absolutely LOVE to have a set of Porpers...but I could buy a used CAR for that price! And I NEED one too! LOL!

I would recommend anyone wanting to start out with this prop, get the regular Chazpro "Buddha Box" for $18...and get David Neighbors' Book..(I just ordered mine, by the way, David! Smile)

My $.02

Doug
DStachowiak
View Profile
Inner circle
Baltimore, MD
2158 Posts

Profile of DStachowiak
Quote:
On 2006-12-30 12:30, impossible man wrote:
I also have one of the old Rings N Things copper Okitos with a hole in the top and bottom. Anybody have one like that?

I have only ever owned one box that was pierced, I bought it just so I could try out the Mohammed Bey routine. It came from Tannen's, cost me about $2 and it was worth every penny. It was sheet aluminum, it looked cheesy, and it did not look the same when it was in the "secret" position as it did in the normal position.
Woke up.
Fell out of bed.
Dragged a comb across m' head.
Fingers
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania, USA
1330 Posts

Profile of Fingers
Hi DStachowiak, the Okito box I have is manufactured by Viking for Definitive Magic. You can get it at http://www.thetrickery.com/?nd=full&key=5147 It is not the box Roth endorces however.
Where I go, so do my coins.....
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
WONDERFUL INFO fellas....thanx....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Okito box - worthy or not (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL